Music Banter

Music Banter (https://www.musicbanter.com/)
-   Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion (https://www.musicbanter.com/current-events-philosophy-religion/)
-   -   What Did President Trump Do Now? (https://www.musicbanter.com/current-events-philosophy-religion/87986-what-did-president-trump-do-now.html)

Chula Vista 06-01-2017 05:51 PM

https://scontent.fsan1-2.fna.fbcdn.n...4f&oe=59E138F3

Anteater 06-01-2017 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rostasi (Post 1841813)

https://preview.ibb.co/g6MCTF/Climate_Change.jpg

The Batlord 06-01-2017 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anteater (Post 1841860)

Even if I were to buy that, the conservative politicians who pretend climate change isn't a thing are still peddling a narrative that needs to be shot in the head and left dripping brain matter on the Capitol Hill steps. Even if liberal politicians are pushing bull**** policies toward climate change, the fact that they acknowledge that climate change exists makes a difference of about twelve light years.

Anteater 06-01-2017 06:37 PM

I don't think the question is whether climate change is or isn't happening. But the answer to fighting it has less to do with Al Gore and what I quoted before was pointing out and more to do with the continued expansion of renewable energy technologies (which government has very little to do with). Whether or not the U.S. leads that particular effort is of little to no consequence.

I agree that most of the conservatives who won't acknowledge climate change at all need some serious re-education.

Chula Vista 06-01-2017 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anteater (Post 1841875)
I don't think the question is whether climate change is or isn't happening. But the answer to fighting it has less to do with Al Gore and what I quoted before was pointing out and more to do with the continued expansion of renewable energy technologies (which government has very little to do with). Whether or not the U.S. leads that particular effort is of little to no consequence.

Oh. My. God. Have you been paying any attention at all to how the rest of the world, and a ****load of US top businesses have reacted to Trump's retarded decision to pull out of the Paris accord? You may have your own opinion but look at the big picture. This is absolutely a terrible move and shows just how much Trump doesn't get it.

The fallout from this will be long term.

Anteater 06-01-2017 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chula Vista (Post 1841882)
Oh. My. God. Have you been paying any attention at all to how the rest of the world, and a ****load of US top businesses have reacted to Trump's retarded decision to pull out of the Paris accord? You may have your own opinion but look at the big picture. This is absolutely a terrible move and shows just how much Trump doesn't get it.

The fallout from this will be long term.

His term is gonna be over before we are supposedly even officially pulling out. I guess if he's re-elected at that point you can worry about it then.

Chula Vista 06-01-2017 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anteater (Post 1841884)
His term is gonna be over before we are supposedly even officially pulling out. I guess if he's re-elected at that point you can worry about it then.

And yet the fallout has already started. When China and European countries align in condeming a US move, you know it's big.

Lisnaholic 06-01-2017 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anteater (Post 1841875)
I don't think the question is whether climate change is or isn't happening. But the answer to fighting it has less to do with Al Gore and what I quoted before was pointing out and more to do with the continued expansion of renewable energy technologies (which government has very little to do with). Whether or not the U.S. leads that particular effort is of little to no consequence.

I agree that most of the conservatives who won't acknowledge climate change at all need some serious re-education.


TBH Anteater, I'm surprised to see you say that it's of little or no consequence whether the U.S. leads the effort to continue the expansion of renewable energy technologies.

Trump's decision to back out of the Paris Agreement is making headline news around the world, and I trust more the (yes, cherry-picked) opinions of these guys as to how important it is, than your suggestion that deciding what America's role will be is "of little or no consequence":-

Quote:

Former President Barack Obama, who negotiated the Paris deal for the US:-

"The nations that remain in the Paris Agreement will be the nations that reap the benefits in jobs and industries created."

US Senate Democratic leader Chuck Schumer:-

"President Trump's decision to withdraw from the Paris Climate Agreement is a devastating failure of historic proportions. Future generations will look back on President Trump's decision as one of the worst policy moves made in the 21st century because of the huge damage to our economy, our environment and our geopolitical standing."

French President Emmanuel Macron:-

"I tell you firmly tonight: We will not renegotiate a less ambitious accord. There is no way. Don't be mistaken on climate; there is no plan B because there is no planet B."
Also, I don't understand why you post a message from an anonymous girl in a bikini who denegrates funding research into addressing climate change as a " shakedown...extracting billions of dollars of taxpayers' money", but then post your own opinion that the way to fight climate change is through "the continued expansion of renewable energy technologies."
Surely, the research of the former leads to the expansion of the latter. A recent example of this quite normal process might be the internet; original research funded by the taxpayer led to a technological expansion of considerable benefit to us all.
If the girl in the bikini is a friend of yours perhaps you'll ask her how she morally justifies scorning the cost of research while enjoying the benefits it brings.

Chula Vista 06-01-2017 08:14 PM

Man, this is blowing up big time globaly. The guy appeased his 35% shrinking base while pissing on 190+ plus ally countries.

Countries now opposed to the Paris accord.

Syria
Nicaragua
United States

Mondo Bungle 06-01-2017 08:15 PM

https://scontent-lax3-2.xx.fbcdn.net...db&oe=5933246D


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:03 AM.


© 2003-2021 Advameg, Inc.