Music Banter

Music Banter (https://www.musicbanter.com/)
-   Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion (https://www.musicbanter.com/current-events-philosophy-religion/)
-   -   What Did President Trump Do Now? (https://www.musicbanter.com/current-events-philosophy-religion/87986-what-did-president-trump-do-now.html)

Anteater 06-08-2017 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elphenor (Post 1843710)
Is this you "trolling" I'm not sure when we're meant to take you seriously

I'm dead serious (and have been watching the testimony live: the inconsistencies from Comey keep piling up). People seem to have a short memory in regards to whether or not Comey has good judgement or can stick to a consistent position. Watch his exchange with Marco Rubio for example. If you want to take down Trump, even an orangutan would have more credibility at this point.

Chula Vista 06-08-2017 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anteater (Post 1843713)
If you want to take down Trump, even an orangutan would have more credibility at this point.

You are laughable. He fully explained why he didn't take notes on Obama or Bush and why he felt he needed to do it after the Trump meetings.

Your Trump apologist lens is once again getting in the way. What else is new?

I've been watching every minute of it and he's coming off as super credible and honest. No pauses, no hesitance, and Rubio didn't really accomplish anything that made Comey look negative.

Some have rose colored glasses. You have Trump colored glasses. Laughable.

Anteater 06-08-2017 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chula Vista (Post 1843717)
You are laughable. He fully explained why he didn't take notes on Obama or Bush and why he felt he needed to do it after the Trump meetings.

Your Trump apologist lens is once again getting in the way. What else is new?

I've been watching every minute of it and he's coming off as super credible and honest. No pauses, no hesitance, and Rubio didn't really accomplish anything that made Comey look negative.

Some have rose colored glasses. You have Trump colored glasses. Laughable.

"What else is new"

"Looks at typical Chula response"

"goes back to laughing with coffee in hand"

I must have missed the part of this non-event testimony where Comey pulled the smoking gun out of his *******.

Let's review what we've learned:

- Comey says initially Trump did not pressure him to drop Russian investigation, but then later contradicts this statement.

- Trump was told on three seperate occasions he was not under investigation, which both Comey and the media had previously said Trump was lying about

- Comey was in at least two important meetings with Obama in 2016 one-on-one but didn't see fit to make memos of them. Yet on his very first meeting with Trump he arbitrarily decides to start doing so.

- Leaks memo with potentially classified information to NYT through third party immediately after being fired.

- Can't explain in a logical or coherent fashion why he didn't tell anyone back in February about Trump's "pressure" to drop Flynn investigation.

Chula Vista 06-08-2017 09:55 AM

There is no smoking gun. There's casings, there's bullets, there's a gun, there's gunpowder on various people's hands, there's a gun shop receipt.......

Drip
Drip
Drip
Drip
Drip
Drip
Drip
Drip
Drip

Funny that you call my responses typical, yet you are the one who keeps getting questioned as to how serious you are about your opinions of things.

Trump coloered glasses. You and Jeffery Lord should go bar hopping together.

Jeffrey Lord Spins Trump's Alleged Sexual Assaults in Most Bizarre Way Yet | Alternet

Anteater 06-08-2017 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chula Vista (Post 1843722)
There is no smoking gun. There's casings, there's bullets, there's a gun, there's gunpowder on various people's hands, there's a gun shop receipt.......

Drip
Drip
Drip
Drip
Drip
Drip
Drip
Drip
Drip

Funny that you call my responses typical, yet you are the one who keeps getting questioned as to how serious you are about your opinions of things.

Trump coloered glasses. You and Jeffery Lord should go bar hopping together.

Jeffrey Lord Spins Trump's Alleged Sexual Assaults in Most Bizarre Way Yet | Alternet

There's no "drip drip drip drip drip". Just a lot of people around Trump who attempt to get into his good graces just like all of the people who tried to get close to Podesta and the Clinton campaign. And so far any alleged collusion attempts have all backfired.

Honestly Chula, its hard for me to be sympathetic to people who hate Trump when the opposition is this pathetic. I wouldn't mind him being impeached, but if this is the best anyone has then it'll never happen. Trump can't be the impeachable mastermind behind a grand conspiracy and also an idiotic buffoon incapable of effectiveness. You have to pick one or the other. Elephantenor being snide just demonstrates he wasn't paying attention.

Again, let's review what we've learned from this testimony so far.

- Comey says initially Trump did not pressure him to drop Russian investigation, but then later contradicts this statement.

- Trump was told on three separate occasions he was not under investigation, which both Comey and the media had previously said Trump was lying about

- Comey was in at least two important meetings with Obama in 2016 one-on-one but didn't see fit to make memos of them. Yet on his very first meeting with Trump he arbitrarily decides to start doing so. Doesn't use any form of new-fangled 2017 technology (encryption app like Signal, email, etc.) to create a verifiable audit trail. He might as well have scribbled them all in crayon on the back of a coloring book last month.

- Leaks "memo" with potentially classified information to NYT through third party immediately after being fired.

- Can't explain in a logical or coherent fashion why he didn't tell anyone back in February about Trump's "pressure" to drop Flynn investigation. He trips over himself about Sessions and makes up excuses about why he couldn't talk to anyone in the Justice Department despite being so "concerned".

Chula Vista 06-08-2017 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anteater (Post 1843724)
1. Comey was in at least two important meetings with Obama in 2016 one-on-one but didn't see fit to make memos of them. Yet on his very first meeting with Trump he arbitrarily decides to start doing so.

2. Leaks memo with potentially classified information to NYT through third party immediately after being fired.

3. Can't explain in a logical or coherent fashion why he didn't tell anyone back in February about Trump's "pressure" to drop Flynn investigation.

1. He explained that he only decided to document his meetings with Trump because of the disturbing nature of what Trump was asking him to do.

2. He explained that he had multiple networks camped out on his lawn and wanted to avoid more scutiny because he and his wife were about to go on vacation.

3. He explained that he didn't want to make the "pressure" known pubicly as not to taint the ongoing Russian/Flynn investigation.

Trump colored glasses dude.

Anteater 06-08-2017 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chula Vista (Post 1843728)
1. He explained that he only decided to document his meetings with Trump because of the disturbing nature of what Trump was asking him to do.

2. He explained that he had multiple networks camped out on his lawn and wanted to avoid more scutiny because he and his wife were about to go on vacation.

3. He explained that he didn't want to make the "pressure" known pubicly as not to taint the ongoing Russian/Flynn investigation.

Trump colored glasses dude.

1. No audit trail on these memos, no dice. If they were so important, he would have kept digital records, emails, something on the day of said meetings. Having worked with people in government and in high level corporate environments, I don't buy his explanation because it looks like he cooked these memos up only after Trump threatened with tapes.

2. He had multiple opportunities long before he was fired. Why would networks camping out on his lawn have anything to do with it. He knew Trump didn't have any tapes either. Instead of emailing something to the NYT or a relevant party directly (which would be a verifiable audit trail) he decides to leak personal information about himself in a pointless, potentially illegal roundabout fashion. Take off your own glasses dude: his reasoning doesn't add up.

3. Again, doesn't add up. Going to a relevant party and making it known that Trump had literally pressured him would have been a big deal that would have worked in favor of the investigation. His talk of how it would have "tainted" the investigation doesn't add up if he was seriously concerned about obstruction of justice.

Trump needs to go down. But all Comey's testimony ultimately amounted to was that he hasn't learned anything from his questionable judgement calls in 2016. Better go get that orangutan.

http://www.orangutan.com/wp-content/...rangutans1.jpg

The Batlord 06-08-2017 10:30 AM

Chula v. Anteater is the new Chula v. Frownland, except mind-numbingly boring.

Tristan_Geoff 06-08-2017 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Batlord (Post 1843741)
Chula v. Anteater is the new Chula v. Frownland, except mind-numbingly boring.

I don't even visit this thread anymore because of it

Anteater 06-08-2017 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Batlord (Post 1843741)
Chula v. Anteater is the new Chula v. Frownland, except mind-numbingly boring.

Your mom's boring.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:36 PM.


© 2003-2021 Advameg, Inc.