Music Banter

Music Banter (https://www.musicbanter.com/)
-   Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion (https://www.musicbanter.com/current-events-philosophy-religion/)
-   -   What Did President Trump Do Now? (https://www.musicbanter.com/current-events-philosophy-religion/87986-what-did-president-trump-do-now.html)

OccultHawk 06-13-2017 12:47 PM

Just because Trump supporters hate his critics as much as his critics hate them doesn't mean both sides are wrong. Trump is terrible and his critics are correct. This is one of those rare times where one side is doing the right thing. It might sound wise to take on both sides, like you're thinking critically. But Trump is far beyond that. His side is ****ing hideous. Neutrality is also hideous. We have no choice.

Frownland 06-13-2017 12:51 PM

Nah, definitely be critical of everything and anything, especially things that you find yourself readily agreeing with.

Whatever conclusions you reach are an entirely different story.

OccultHawk 06-13-2017 12:52 PM

Usually. But not with Trump hate.

Frownland 06-13-2017 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OccultHawk (Post 1845717)
Usually. But not with Trump hate.

Remember that people get paid when you click those sexy headlines. Take it case by case, no side is ever entirely right.

I remember the night Trump got elected, the hosts on CNN and MSNBC were crying. Most people don't recognize that they were crying tears of joy because the risk of losing their job to a slow news month became a thing of the past.

elphenor 06-13-2017 12:59 PM

I'm not sold on the collusion with Russia thing but impeach him on obstruction of justice just because **** em

Anteater 06-13-2017 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frownland (Post 1845718)
Remember that people get paid when you click those sexy headlines. Take it case by case, no side is ever entirely right.

I remember the night Trump got elected, the hosts on CNN and MSNBC were crying. Most people don't recognize that they were crying tears of joy because the risk of losing their job to a slow news month became a thing of the past.

Trump and the media feed eachother's respective egos. The truth has nothing to do with any of it. Which is why I take a neutral position in a thread like this, which involves NOT demonizing Trump for getting three scoops of ice cream and instead analyze what's going on with all available information on the table. For instance, regardless of what happens to Trump, there's a strong case against Comey right now because the memos are considered to be government property (even if the information itself wasn't classified). The media aren't really talking about it because it doesn't play into the narrative that Comey "destroyed" Trump...whatever that means.

But if everyone wants to turn this into a morality game, then I'll keep bringing up past administrations as often as needed. This was a mess created by bad decisions made during the last four years. If people aren't willing to do that, then your just going to get eight years of Trump instead of four.

Trollheart 06-13-2017 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frownland (Post 1845716)
Nah, definitely be critical of everything and anything, especially things that you find yourself readily agreeing with.

Whatever conclusions you reach are an entirely different story.

Meh, I'd be very critical of that statement...

Frownland 06-13-2017 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anteater (Post 1845731)
The truth has nothing to do with any of it.

Oh look, an easy answer that you're very ready to agree with...

Quote:

Which is why I take a neutral position in a thread like this, which involves NOT demonizing Trump for getting three scoops of ice cream and instead analyze what's going on with all available information on the table.
Contrarianism=/=neutrality

Also for someone so enlightened you sure do rely on straw man arguments a lot.

Anteater 06-13-2017 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frownland (Post 1845733)
Oh look, an easy answer that you're very ready to agree with...



Contrarianism=/=neutrality

Also for someone so enlightened you sure do rely on straw man arguments a lot.

Being contrarian in a thread like this is the only thing that gives this thread anything resembling balance. I'm in opposition to a stupid point of view like "Trump is the big bad Demon Lord and if we just kill him we win the game and all of our problems will magically go away", which is what Chula and others seem to subscribe to. If you don't see that then that speaks more to your particular set of biases than mine.

Frownland 06-13-2017 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anteater (Post 1845736)
Being contrarian in a thread like this is the only thing that gives this thread anything resembling balance.

Mmmmmmnah. Don't let my disagreement keep you from complimenting yourself though.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:09 PM.


© 2003-2021 Advameg, Inc.