Music Banter

Music Banter (https://www.musicbanter.com/)
-   Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion (https://www.musicbanter.com/current-events-philosophy-religion/)
-   -   What Did President Trump Do Now? (https://www.musicbanter.com/current-events-philosophy-religion/87986-what-did-president-trump-do-now.html)

OccultHawk 06-24-2017 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elphenor (Post 1849600)
You would have been a guy that says Civil Rights protesters don't convince anyone in the 50s-60s

But I agree insofar as I think violence is the answer

The only thing violence is going to get you is dead. Killed by people you try to defend. Violence might be the answer for some people but you ain't one of them.

Chula Vista 06-24-2017 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anteater (Post 1849604)
Here's the executive editor of Salon, a guy who probably knows a thing or two about politics that you don't.

Don't tell me what I do and don't know. You are so ****ing beyond pretentious.

Salon is publishing opinions. I'm posting an opinion. Neither equate to facts.

My opinion is as valid as anyone's. Stop trying to put me down as stupid because mine doesn't align with yours. It's insulting to be honest.

OccultHawk 06-24-2017 10:49 PM

Quote:

It's insulting to be honest.
lol

Chula Vista 06-24-2017 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OccultHawk (Post 1849613)
lol

Good one!

:beer:

elphenor 06-24-2017 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OccultHawk (Post 1849607)
The only thing violence is going to get you is dead. Killed by people you try to defend. Violence might be the answer for some people but you ain't one of them.

oh I'm Lenin future lawyer demagogue

djchameleon 06-24-2017 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anteater (Post 1849564)
The march was a waste of time, the pink hats were stupid, and anyone they were trying to convince of their position were not convinced because the whole thing was executed in a childish fashion, much like the man they're railing against. Similarly, nobody is convinced that gay marriage is wrong just because a bunch of ignorant Christian businessowners decide to scream on social media collectively and boycott Ben & Jerrys or whatever.

I had this conversation a few days ago. Those types of marches aren't for trying to convince others of their positions. It can definitely seem like it is pointless to those that don't agree with their position but it more about rallying their base that is already in their bubble.

Also those bunch of Christian business owners that refuse service to gay couples are backed up by law in certain places. So it isn't just their ignorant opinion when they have the law on their side to discriminate against a group of people they don't like. Honestly, I don't get why gay couples would want to spend their money making someone rich that doesn't align with their values. **** them if they don't want to cater your event. Take your spending power elsewhere.

Quote:

Originally Posted by elphenor (Post 1849600)
You would have been a guy that says Civil Rights protesters don't convince anyone in the 50s-60s

But I agree insofar as I think violence is the answer

There isn't enough people on board for violence to be effective. People in general are way too comfortable with their status quo. They aren't desperate enough.

Anteater 06-24-2017 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chula Vista (Post 1849612)
Don't tell me what I do and don't know. You are so ****ing beyond pretentious.

Lol. I've been lectured on countless occasions on just this thread alone on topics ranging from business to economics to whatever the hell else pops up peripherally to the ongoing Trump Saga...even though I'm probably the only guy on this forum who actually owns a business that serves other businesses, small and large alike. So I can take a little irony, but you are well beyond that point. You ignoring my core points and scoffing at Trump getting eight years and then getting mad when I direct you to an article written by a guy with 20+ years of political writing experience (who happens to be a liberal like yourself) is the epitome of pretentiousness. I'm showing you the train coming at you and you have basically decided to stand there and let it run you over.

Quote:

Originally Posted by djchameleon (Post 1849621)
I had this conversation a few days ago. Those types of marches aren't for trying to convince others of their positions. It can definitely seem like it is pointless to those that don't agree with their position but it more about rallying their base that is already in their bubble.

Also those bunch of Christian business owners that refuse service to gay couples are backed up by law in certain places. So it isn't just their ignorant opinion when they have the law on their side to discriminate against a group of people they don't like. Honestly, I don't get why gay couples would want to spend their money making someone rich that doesn't align with their values. **** them if they don't want to cater your event. Take your spending power elsewhere.

That particular Women's March definitely fell in line more as a pure publicity stunt than a platform for different talking points, so I can agree with that assessment. Some fundraising went on throughout it as well.

As far as those Christian businessowners are concerned, I'd give the states still discriminating another decade (maybe a bit less) before they all have changed their tune due to certain inevitabilities. Good luck with their lawsuits at that point. :D

OccultHawk 06-24-2017 11:58 PM

Quote:

even though I'm probably the only guy on this forum who actually owns a business that serves other businesses, small and large alike.
Being a self-employed dicksucker doesn't count.

Anteater 06-25-2017 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OccultHawk (Post 1849627)
Being a self-employed dicksucker doesn't count.

If only it were that easy. But at least there's plenty of seasoned pros around here to show me how it's done. :wave:

Chula Vista 06-25-2017 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anteater (Post 1849628)
If only it were that easy. But at least there's plenty of seasoned pros around here to show me how it's done. :wave:

Presentious 101.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3022/...91c75a70a2.jpg

You and Joe. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

How much do you pay your workers? What's your health care plan? How much paid sick time? How much paid vacation time? I get the impression that you are a total f-ing Trump like leach on your workers. But hey, it's legal so WTF? As long as YOU are making money, right?

Good for you dude. Rock on.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:42 PM.


© 2003-2021 Advameg, Inc.