Political Discussions for "Adults" - Music Banter Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge > Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2022, 04:34 AM   #10731 (permalink)
Aficionado of Fine Filth
 
Psy-Fi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: You don't want to look in there.
Posts: 6,399
Default

Congressional Democrats Join Republicans to Undermine Biden Administration’s Surprise Medical Billing Rule

Quote:
Congressional Democrats are joining Republicans in a last-ditch effort to undermine the newly implemented No Surprises Act, which bans surprise medical bills. A key provision in the law could become a first step toward allowing the federal government to standardize rates for medical procedures covered under private insurance plans, an objective the private health care industry has fought for decades.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwb View Post
A middle class job sounds like a boring menu option at a brothel

She's a Brick House
Psy-Fi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2022, 06:02 PM   #10732 (permalink)
Aficionado of Fine Filth
 
Psy-Fi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: You don't want to look in there.
Posts: 6,399
Default



"37 Seconds" - Legalize Marijuana | Gary Chambers
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwb View Post
A middle class job sounds like a boring menu option at a brothel

She's a Brick House
Psy-Fi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 06:37 PM   #10733 (permalink)
killedmyraindog
 
TheBig3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Posts: 10,489
Default

The big dust up today seems to be Mitch McConnell alluding to his belief that black Americans aren't Americans. Not surprising, not a mistake I thought he'd make.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by rostasi View Post
Also, the bone flute came from cave bears.
TheBig3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2022, 06:12 AM   #10734 (permalink)
Aficionado of Fine Filth
 
Psy-Fi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: You don't want to look in there.
Posts: 6,399
Default

James Carville on why Manchin is actually good, Sinema less so, and why 2022 isn’t quite hopeless yet.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwb View Post
A middle class job sounds like a boring menu option at a brothel

She's a Brick House
Psy-Fi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2022, 06:31 AM   #10735 (permalink)
Call me Mustard
 
rubber soul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Pepperland
Posts: 1,921
Default

I like Carville, and he's right. We have to stop whining and make our voices heard. Activism didn't die with Martin Luther King after all.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pet_Sounds View Post
But looking for quality interaction on MB is like trying to stay hydrated by drinking salt water.
rubber soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2022, 07:25 AM   #10736 (permalink)
From beyooond the graaave
 
Queen Boo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: The state that proudly brought you Disco Duck
Posts: 1,210
Default

Carville is a run of the mill neolib who represents everything wrong with the Democratic Party, he doesn't want our voices to be heard he just wants us to get in line and vote for whatever mediocre candidates the party establishment insists are our only future.

I'm so sick of all these "strategists" who have been blabbing their mouths on TV for 30 years and still haven't been right about anything.
__________________
https://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo
A whole bunch of stupid sh*t that I regret

Last edited by Queen Boo; 01-30-2022 at 07:43 AM.
Queen Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2022, 09:18 AM   #10737 (permalink)
Zum Henker Defätist!!
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 46,460
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubber soul View Post
I like Carville, and he's right. We have to stop whining and make our voices heard. Activism didn't die with Martin Luther King after all.
The whole reason people don't care about the Democratic Party is because they do nothing for anybody but peddle identity politics in lieu of material politics that might actually help people and have been doing so for so long that nobody believes government is capable of materially benefiting their lives, so that when someone like Bernie comes along and advocates something like Medicare for all the public doesn't even believe it's achievable. What this idiot is advocating for is simply more nothing that will inevitably lead voters to turn to the next right wing populist who comes along because whatever else they're saying their pro-business, anti-socialist rhetoric is at least in line with what voters have been conditioned to believe is within the realm of possibility. James Carville is just leading you down a defeatist path to fascism.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2022, 11:13 AM   #10738 (permalink)
From beyooond the graaave
 
Queen Boo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: The state that proudly brought you Disco Duck
Posts: 1,210
Default

Identity politics is important and anyone on the left who trivializes it is playing into the right's hands, the right are the undisputed masters of identity politics and they know it, the last thing they want is for the left to weaponize it as well, this is why self proclaimed anti-idpol leftists like Jimmy Dore are so popular with the right because they're useful idiots.

What Democrats do is surface level pandering to marginalized communities without actually doing anything to change the system that is oppressing them. The problem isn't identity politics, the problem is that everyone knows the Democrats are full of sh*t.
__________________
https://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo
A whole bunch of stupid sh*t that I regret
Queen Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2022, 12:22 PM   #10739 (permalink)
Zum Henker Defätist!!
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 46,460
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubbysailorvenus View Post
Identity politics is important and anyone on the left who trivializes it is playing into the right's hands, the right are the undisputed masters of identity politics and they know it, the last thing they want is for the left to weaponize it as well, this is why self proclaimed anti-idpol leftists like Jimmy Dore are so popular with the right because they're useful idiots.

What Democrats do is surface level pandering to marginalized communities without actually doing anything to change the system that is oppressing them. The problem isn't identity politics, the problem is that everyone knows the Democrats are full of sh*t.
Yeah 100%, I just didn't think of specifying when I posted. My greater point is that the Dems use fake idpol as a distraction, not that real idpol isn't important.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2022, 12:27 PM   #10740 (permalink)
Call me Mustard
 
rubber soul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Pepperland
Posts: 1,921
Default

I can't argue that the Dems aren't guilty of pandering when they obviously are. I mean, who cares what the next justice looks like as long as he/she is a fair one? Blacks know this too but, unfortunately, they don't have anywhere else to go.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pet_Sounds View Post
But looking for quality interaction on MB is like trying to stay hydrated by drinking salt water.
rubber soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2022 Advameg, Inc.