Music Banter

Music Banter (https://www.musicbanter.com/)
-   Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion (https://www.musicbanter.com/current-events-philosophy-religion/)
-   -   Political Discussions for "Adults" (https://www.musicbanter.com/current-events-philosophy-religion/89722-political-discussions-adults.html)

Queen Boo 05-19-2022 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwb (Post 2205317)
I definitely lack the attention span. 1 dragon ball z fight is literally like 30 mins long and 25 of those minutes they're just standing off

Fighting shonen (which is what that genre of anime is called) always start out as a manga series before being very quickly adapted into an anime series, because of the different rates at which they are produced anime adaptations have to do two things to avoid getting too far ahead of the manga, one is filler episodes, sometimes even entire seasons of filler, the other is drawing things out as long as possible so the manga has time to catch up, which is why that kinda anime suffers from those pacing issues.

jadis 05-20-2022 03:50 AM

Anime, an unstoppable force

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FTK-77SW...jpg&name=small

SGR 05-20-2022 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Queen Boo (Post 2205364)
Fighting shonen (which is what that genre of anime is called) always start out as a manga series before being very quickly adapted into an anime series, because of the different rates at which they are produced anime adaptations have to do two things to avoid getting too far ahead of the manga, one is filler episodes, sometimes even entire seasons of filler, the other is drawing things out as long as possible so the manga has time to catch up, which is why that kinda anime suffers from those pacing issues.

Is it bad that I usually hate anime filler, but I liked the Bleach Bount arc?

Mindfulness 05-22-2022 05:56 AM


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6T9mRY_OHj8

Queen Boo 05-23-2022 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SGR (Post 2205403)
Is it bad that I usually hate anime filler, but I liked the Bleach Bount arc?

It had it's moments for sure.

The thing that killed Bleach for me is that the Arrancar arc was basically the Soul Society arc with a new coat of paint, which would have been fine if it wasn't 5 times as long and paced like mollasses.

The first 60 or so episodes of Bleach is quality shonen, it's just a shame it becomes kind of a mess after that, the Arrancar arc has a lot of really cool stuff in it but the pacing kills it for me, also it barely gave Rukia anything to do and she's my favorite character, that was a bummer.

I really want Bleach to get the Dragon Ball Z Kai treatment someday, remake it and trim the fat.

TheBig3 05-23-2022 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SGR (Post 2205288)
It's not made for children. At least not the majority of it. I know that much, and I don't even like anime. Much of it has over the top violence and not-so-subtle sexual suggestiveness.

Have you ever watched an anime?

Anime as far as I'm aware is like Metal Sub-Genres.

Quote:

Have you ever listened to grindcorewave?

Yeah I've heard these three bands....

Those aren't grindcorewave.
So assuming these are anime, I've seen Inuyasha and Lupin the 3rd.

Queen Boo 05-23-2022 05:04 PM

Lupin III is a lot of fun and most of it definitely isn't for kids aside from the stuff Miyazaki directed.

Inuyasha has it's problems, it has the same pacing issues of anime running concurrently with the manga that I talked about earlier and the original series didn't even get a proper ending, and the animation quality is inconsistent which is another common problem for long running anime, that being said I still find it to be pretty enjoyable, the monster designs are rad as hell. It's definitely not Rumiko Takahashi's best creation IMO, I prefer her earlier, more comedic stuff like Urusei Yatsura and Ranma 1/2.

Queen Boo 05-23-2022 05:07 PM

F*ck politics this is an anime thread now.

TheBig3 05-24-2022 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Queen Boo (Post 2205657)
F*ck politics this is an anime thread now.

Anime is politics. If you love anime and have a neckbeard and beatoff 5 times a day you're one YouTube video away from MAGA.

The whole system is designed to make people deepthroat hierarchies, caste, and violence.

The Batlord 05-24-2022 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBig3 (Post 2205684)
Anime is politics. If you love anime and have a neckbeard and beatoff 5 times a day you're one YouTube video away from MAGA.

The whole system is designed to make people deepthroat hierarchies, caste, and violence.

Hey! Get off my lawn!


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:28 PM.


© 2003-2022 Advameg, Inc.