Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge > Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2018, 06:45 PM   #91 (permalink)
one-balled nipple jockey
 
OccultHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 11,263
Default

Quote:
Do you think if you had tapered off under the supervision of a doctor that you'd have no had those negative symptoms?
Nope. You gotta pay the piper one way or another.
__________________
2017 & 2018 Member of the Year Back2Back

experimental music on Spotify worth checking out

FREAK FIGHTER JOURNAL (Awarded 2018 Journal of the Year)

free jazz 2018 thread

Drone/Ambient Releases of 2018

OccultHawk Reviews Southern States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhanteimi View Post
There's probably some reasonable middle ground between Leave It to Beaver and being forced to suck your step-father's dick in the basement after your mom goes to work.
OccultHawk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 06:46 PM   #92 (permalink)
Exo
All day jazz and biscuits
 
Exo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 5,133
Default

Some of you know the story about my brother. To sum it up, he's a recovering heroin addict who is also manic bi-polar. In 2014 he was arrested trying to rob a gas station and would have gotten six years in prison but was accepted in our states drug court program. Suspended sentence but he had to stay sober for the length of his sentence. He graduated last month. We were and are very proud of him.

Before he graduated he expressed fear that being off the leash, as in not drug tested weekly, would tempt him into doing drugs again. Well, he admitted to us that he's been getting drunk and smoking weed. That's not the end of the world but he told us he stopped taking his medication, lithium for his bi-polar disorder, so it wouldn't interfere with the booze and weed.

Well, he stopped taking it for too long and now he's found himself in a manic episode. He's a completely different person. He lost his job. He's dressing like goddamn Johnny Depp. He's seeing his ex girlfriend. He's constantly agitated and his decision making is minute by minute.

It's stressing me the f*ck out. Luckily his doctors are on it and are trying to regulate him but I might have like two weeks of crazy to deal with until then. Luckily we don't live together but sh*t is upsetting. He was doing so well.
__________________
LastFM
My Film Blog That I don't Write in Anymore
jsmith7389 on Spotify
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Wilkes Booth View Post
ants are at every zoo you ever been to bitch
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
elph

would you kiss the vagina of a woman who asked you to switch off half japanese?
Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 07:09 PM   #93 (permalink)
one-balled nipple jockey
 
OccultHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 11,263
Default

Sometimes I think it feels really empowering and good to go off your meds

Everyone including myself is obviously going to wish you and him the best.

I wish it was just weed and not booze too because a manic low combined with drunkenness is a real recipe for a heroin relapse.
__________________
2017 & 2018 Member of the Year Back2Back

experimental music on Spotify worth checking out

FREAK FIGHTER JOURNAL (Awarded 2018 Journal of the Year)

free jazz 2018 thread

Drone/Ambient Releases of 2018

OccultHawk Reviews Southern States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhanteimi View Post
There's probably some reasonable middle ground between Leave It to Beaver and being forced to suck your step-father's dick in the basement after your mom goes to work.
OccultHawk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 07:10 PM   #94 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
[MERIT]'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Missouri, USA
Posts: 4,824
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo View Post
Some of you know the story about my brother. To sum it up, he's a recovering heroin addict who is also manic bi-polar. In 2014 he was arrested trying to rob a gas station and would have gotten six years in prison but was accepted in our states drug court program. Suspended sentence but he had to stay sober for the length of his sentence. He graduated last month. We were and are very proud of him.

Before he graduated he expressed fear that being off the leash, as in not drug tested weekly, would tempt him into doing drugs again. Well, he admitted to us that he's been getting drunk and smoking weed. That's not the end of the world but he told us he stopped taking his medication, lithium for his bi-polar disorder, so it wouldn't interfere with the booze and weed.

Well, he stopped taking it for too long and now he's found himself in a manic episode. He's a completely different person. He lost his job. He's dressing like goddamn Johnny Depp. He's seeing his ex girlfriend. He's constantly agitated and his decision making is minute by minute.

It's stressing me the f*ck out. Luckily his doctors are on it and are trying to regulate him but I might have like two weeks of crazy to deal with until then. Luckily we don't live together but sh*t is upsetting. He was doing so well.
Sorry to hear all of this. You definitely need someone to watch him 24/7 while he's manic. My ex-wife stayed up 10 days straight in one manic episode. Drew all over herself with pens and markers. Had crazy delusions and hallucinations. Wanted to drive around in her car while acting crazy. Eventually had to have her committed against her will to the psychiatric hospital [again].

Keep a good eye on your brother, especially with his past drug use. He could relapse and accidentally overdose.
[MERIT] is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 07:16 PM   #95 (permalink)
one-balled nipple jockey
 
OccultHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 11,263
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by [MERIT] View Post
Sorry to hear all of this. You definitely need someone to watch him 24/7 while he's manic. My ex-wife stayed up 10 days straight in one manic episode. Drew all over herself with pens and markers. Had crazy delusions and hallucinations. Wanted to drive around in her car while acting crazy. Eventually had to have her committed against her will to the psychiatric hospital [again].

Keep a good eye on your brother, especially with his past drug use. He could relapse and accidentally overdose.
The thing is adults are going to do what they’re going to do. You can be there to a point but -I don’t know - people need to want it too
__________________
2017 & 2018 Member of the Year Back2Back

experimental music on Spotify worth checking out

FREAK FIGHTER JOURNAL (Awarded 2018 Journal of the Year)

free jazz 2018 thread

Drone/Ambient Releases of 2018

OccultHawk Reviews Southern States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhanteimi View Post
There's probably some reasonable middle ground between Leave It to Beaver and being forced to suck your step-father's dick in the basement after your mom goes to work.
OccultHawk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 07:33 PM   #96 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
[MERIT]'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Missouri, USA
Posts: 4,824
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
The thing is adults are going to do what they’re going to do. You can be there to a point but -I don’t know - people need to want it too
True, but you can be strong enough to be the "bad guy" and knock that syringe out of his hand too.
[MERIT] is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 06:07 AM   #97 (permalink)
I Don't Sell For Jobbers
 
ManifestBlasphemy666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Obscure Like The Dead
Posts: 300
Default

Ahhh Mental Illness my friend...
__________________
Waging War Against The Trendies and Posers
ManifestBlasphemy666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 07:31 AM   #98 (permalink)
one-balled nipple jockey
 
OccultHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 11,263
Default

Relatively small things that I consider a setback upset me tremendously

Spoiler for Img:
__________________
2017 & 2018 Member of the Year Back2Back

experimental music on Spotify worth checking out

FREAK FIGHTER JOURNAL (Awarded 2018 Journal of the Year)

free jazz 2018 thread

Drone/Ambient Releases of 2018

OccultHawk Reviews Southern States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhanteimi View Post
There's probably some reasonable middle ground between Leave It to Beaver and being forced to suck your step-father's dick in the basement after your mom goes to work.
OccultHawk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 11:04 AM   #99 (permalink)
Acattin Sane
 
Fluff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 8,180
Default

Missed a dose of fluoxetine (40mg) the other day for the first time. Have taken it every day since the end of May when it was prescribed but I had a headache and took paracetamol on the evening which is when I have my medication and I must have subconsciously thought I'd taken my tablets for that day.

Didn't notice anything at all. So I feel less nervous about coming off them now. I'm not coming off them soon, just saying when I do I'm not as worried.
__________________
Fluff is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 11:35 AM   #100 (permalink)
BD9
 
WWWP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,940
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluff View Post
Missed a dose of fluoxetine (40mg) the other day for the first time. Have taken it every day since the end of May when it was prescribed but I had a headache and took paracetamol on the evening which is when I have my medication and I must have subconsciously thought I'd taken my tablets for that day.

Didn't notice anything at all. So I feel less nervous about coming off them now. I'm not coming off them soon, just saying when I do I'm not as worried.
That's good. People like to share the horror stories, less so the successful ones. SSRI's aren't meant to be permanently prescribed, you'll know when you're ready to wean off them.
__________________
spotify.
soundcloud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
Probably Wolf

She’ll ban hammer your ass before your dick gets hard even
WWWP is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.