Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge > Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2019, 03:22 AM   #331 (permalink)
Aficionado of Fine Filth
 
Psy-Fi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: You don't want to look in there.
Posts: 3,577
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwnWthVwls View Post
So if two people are shitfaced and have sex who is raping who? I'm so confused.
I daresay you're probably the least confused member I've seen posting here so far in the past couple of pages.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
Step off. You angry little hobgoblin.
She's a Brick House
Psy-Fi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 03:55 AM   #332 (permalink)
Fck Ths Thngs
 
DwnWthVwls's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: NJ
Posts: 5,252
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by grindy View Post
*whom
whom you talking to?

Educate. I have no idea when to use whom. :-/


Quote:
Originally Posted by WWWP View Post
Lordy



Spoiler for ...:
__________________
I don't got a god complex, you got a simple god...
DwnWthVwls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 09:05 AM   #333 (permalink)
Put The Cult In Culture
 
Lucem Ferre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 2,693
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
Thatís as wrong as saying people who enjoy swimming are perpetuating a drowning culture. Sex and rape are as different is swimming and drowning.
Remember when I said sex is rape? No? Hmmm. Maybe you didn't read what I said. Maybe you're retarded. Not my problem.
__________________
Quote:
Lucem, you're right, it's silly to talk about what I would or wouldn't do IRL. Glad you brought it up. Maybe you should write an instrumental about it. I recommend a piano paired with a clarinet. With ambient sounds of you hanging from your shower curtain you ****ing failure.

Art Is Dead. Buy My ****.
Lucem Ferre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 04:08 PM   #334 (permalink)
one-balled nipple jockey
 
OccultHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Dirty Souf Biatch
Posts: 11,478
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucem Ferre View Post
Remember when I said sex is rape? No? Hmmm. Maybe you didn't read what I said. Maybe you're retarded. Not my problem.
You obviously need to get laid.
__________________
2017 & 2018 Member of the Year Back2Back

experimental music on Spotify worth checking out

FREAK FIGHTER JOURNAL (Awarded 2018 Journal of the Year)

free jazz 2018 thread

Drone/Ambient Releases of 2018

OccultHawk Reviews Southern States

The government that governs best is the government whose members commit suicide.
OccultHawk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 07:09 PM   #335 (permalink)
Fck Ths Thngs
 
DwnWthVwls's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: NJ
Posts: 5,252
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mord
.
.

Last edited by DwnWthVwls; 03-07-2019 at 03:50 PM.
DwnWthVwls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 03:48 PM   #336 (permalink)
My Sorrow is Luminous
 
elphenor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 9,088
Default

idk about rape culture in this instance, but our culture is almost Brave New Worldish in its attitude towards sex

average lifetime partners in the US is around 6

which reads as quite low when we are so submerged in advertised mythological consequence free sexuality
__________________
Just another marketing ploy

"That's the end of my life. The rest is posthumous."
elphenor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 10:25 PM   #337 (permalink)
Put The Cult In Culture
 
Lucem Ferre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 2,693
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
idk about rape culture in this instance, but our culture is almost Brave New Worldish in its attitude towards sex

average lifetime partners in the US is around 6

which reads as quite low when we are so submerged in advertised mythological consequence free sexuality
Utah just legalized premarital sex.

Quote:
"What is legally is often far below what is morally right," Rep. Keven Stratton (R) said, according to Fox 13. "And I recognize our laws are not strong enough to rule a immoral people."
I didn't know I was breaking the law.
__________________
Quote:
Lucem, you're right, it's silly to talk about what I would or wouldn't do IRL. Glad you brought it up. Maybe you should write an instrumental about it. I recommend a piano paired with a clarinet. With ambient sounds of you hanging from your shower curtain you ****ing failure.

Art Is Dead. Buy My ****.
Lucem Ferre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:46 PM   #338 (permalink)
The Grammer King
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Atop of the Throne
Posts: 29,737
Default

A good friend of mine called me today saying that he was suicidal because of his life situation. I did the best I could over our long chat, but does anyone have any good tips for these things that I can tell him? Basically told him that I'm available for him any time of day no matter the issue, to quit drinking (rich coming from me, but he's the wake up and hit the bottle type of guy), to turn this situation into a rock bottom that he can bounce back from before he gets lower and use that rock bottom as a source of inspiration, to think about how to solve the problem instead of thinking about how hard he has it because he's already there, and to ask for help when he needs it (he said he felt guilty asking for help). Really worried about him tbh.
Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:00 PM   #339 (permalink)
Acattin Sane
 
Fluff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 8,225
Default

I don't have anything useful to say but if he wants to get better the priority has to be getting some sort of help and kicking the booze. Then working with a doctor to find the right sort of therapy. I dunno what his situation is like.

Tbh I'm crap at helping other people.

If you think he will act on his thoughts obviously call the emergency services, and take any threats very seriously.

Also I dunno if you really are there for him any time of the day but remember to look after yourself mate. We all want to help our friends but you have to look after yourself as well.
__________________
Fluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:32 PM   #340 (permalink)
one-balled nipple jockey
 
OccultHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Dirty Souf Biatch
Posts: 11,478
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
A good friend of mine called me today saying that he was suicidal because of his life situation. I did the best I could over our long chat, but does anyone have any good tips for these things that I can tell him? Basically told him that I'm available for him any time of day no matter the issue, to quit drinking (rich coming from me, but he's the wake up and hit the bottle type of guy), to turn this situation into a rock bottom that he can bounce back from before he gets lower and use that rock bottom as a source of inspiration, to think about how to solve the problem instead of thinking about how hard he has it because he's already there, and to ask for help when he needs it (he said he felt guilty asking for help). Really worried about him tbh.
Not drinking is paramount. Alcohol abuse and suicide are peas and carrots.
__________________
2017 & 2018 Member of the Year Back2Back

experimental music on Spotify worth checking out

FREAK FIGHTER JOURNAL (Awarded 2018 Journal of the Year)

free jazz 2018 thread

Drone/Ambient Releases of 2018

OccultHawk Reviews Southern States

The government that governs best is the government whose members commit suicide.
OccultHawk is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.