Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > General Music
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2014, 03:38 PM   #21871 (permalink)
Scuttle Buttin'
 
Moss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Boulder Colorado
Posts: 961
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ki View Post
I actually quite enjoyed it, to be honest. It's not nearly as bad as people were saying it could be. It's very relaxing and could be used effectively if I were having a stressful day.
I think most people are saying the same thing. Its not bad, its just kind of the ambien
of music.

Last edited by Moss; 11-29-2014 at 11:58 PM.
Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 06:19 PM   #21872 (permalink)
Key
hi
 
Key's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 12,579
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moss View Post
I think most people are saying the same thing. Its not bad, its just kind of the ambient of music.
Which is perfect for me since i've always really enjoyed Pink Floyds instrumental talent.
Key is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 06:32 PM   #21873 (permalink)
Crusher of tiny Nords
 
Carpe Mortem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Ugly Bag of Mostly Water
Posts: 1,143
Default

Picked up Uriah Heep's Demons & Wizards, Robin Trower's Bridge of Sighs, Iron Butterfly's In a Gadda Da Vida, and random baroque stuff on vinyl today. Eventually I'll splurge on new records by bands I really love, because I have yet to see any used Candlemass for instance despite their popularity. But three records for 30 is better than one.

The two stores I go to are pretty cleaned out of most metal stuff, hard to even get some Black Sabbath.

Also is there a dedicated vinyl thread I have failed to find? Do enough others buy hard copies, even CD's, that I should start one?
__________________
[SIG][/SIG]
Mirth is King


Be Loving & Open With
My Emotions
Carpe Mortem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 09:03 PM   #21874 (permalink)
Aficionado of Fine Filth
 
Psy-Fi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: You don't want to look in there.
Posts: 6,279
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpe Mortem View Post
Picked up Uriah Heep's Demons & Wizards, Robin Trower's Bridge of Sighs, Iron Butterfly's In a Gadda Da Vida, and random baroque stuff on vinyl today. Eventually I'll splurge on new records by bands I really love, because I have yet to see any used Candlemass for instance despite their popularity. But three records for 30 is better than one.

The two stores I go to are pretty cleaned out of most metal stuff, hard to even get some Black Sabbath.

Also is there a dedicated vinyl thread I have failed to find? Do enough others buy hard copies, even CD's, that I should start one?
There are several vinyl threads. I don't think any of them have been active for quite a while. I seem to recall someone starting another one a year or so ago but it died out fairly quickly.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwb View Post
A middle class job sounds like a boring menu option at a brothel

She's a Brick House
Psy-Fi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 12:25 AM   #21875 (permalink)
~de geso
 
Chrysalis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 495
Default


Akron/Family - Meek Warrior

Second time listening to this, and I have the exact same thoughts about it as I did when I heard it last year: Blessing Force is an absolutely perfect piece of psychedelic freak folk IMO, but the rest of the album is just pretty pleasant but not outstanding. I'll probably give it a few more listens to see if it grows on me since it's pretty short.



I gave this a 5/5 on RateYourMusic.

There goes my credibility. I'm sure that I won't need it at all.
Chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 12:26 AM   #21876 (permalink)
Key
hi
 
Key's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 12,579
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysalis View Post



I gave this a 5/5 on RateYourMusic.

There goes my credibility. I'm sure that I won't need it at all.
Been a long time since I've heard this album. I remember loving the heck out of it. I should listen to it again soon.
Key is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 12:33 AM   #21877 (permalink)
.
 
Overcast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: .
Posts: 1,526
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysalis View Post

Akron/Family - Meek Warrior

Second time listening to this, and I have the exact same thoughts about it as I did when I heard it last year: Blessing Force is an absolutely perfect piece of psychedelic freak folk IMO, but the rest of the album is just pretty pleasant but not outstanding. I'll probably give it a few more listens to see if it grows on me since it's pretty short.



I gave this a 5/5 on RateYourMusic.

There goes my credibility. I'm sure that I won't need it at all.
Glad to see someone enjoys more experimental Akron/Family as much as me!



Josephine Foster - Little Life
Overcast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 05:36 PM   #21878 (permalink)
Mord
 
Zhanteimi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Tokyo
Posts: 4,855
Default


Beck - Sea Change (2002)

Wow. 12 years ago! Time flies. Still a great album. Lost Cause is an amazing video of him self-destructing.

Last edited by Zhanteimi; 11-30-2014 at 07:08 PM.
Zhanteimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 06:31 PM   #21879 (permalink)
Al Dente
 
SATCHMO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,690
Default


Pink Floyd - The Endless River (2014)

I just don't know... The whole album is replete with almost awesome moments, but it really lacks coherence. There's no prevalent theme. It just feels like one long new age musical diatribe with interpolations of past pink floyd concepts interspersed throughout, always making me feel like it's about to go somewhere, but in reality it sounds like a bunch of long, drawn out ethereal intros to songs that never made the album. I've only listened to it once though. In a week it'll probably be my favorite album ever.
SATCHMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 06:33 PM   #21880 (permalink)
Key
hi
 
Key's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 12,579
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SATCHMO View Post

Pink Floyd - The Endless River (2014)

I just don't know... The whole album is replete with almost awesome moments, but it really lacks coherence. There's no prevalent theme. It just feels like one long new age musical diatribe with interpolations of past pink floyd concepts interspersed throughout, always making me feel like it's about to go somewhere, but in reality it sounds like a bunch of long, drawn out ethereal intros to songs that never made the album. I've only listened to it once though. In a week it'll probably be my favorite album ever.
I've listened to it twice, both yesterday, and It's becoming a favorite of mine. As I have said before, I just love the fact that it's mostly instrumental. Makes for a great chill out album.
Key is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2022 Advameg, Inc.