Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > General Music
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2010, 04:30 PM   #131 (permalink)
FUNky
 
Violent & Funky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Midland, MI
Posts: 2,474
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
Then I had a roommate who was obsessed with them and listened to them every fucking day and I grew to hate them.
I think I've done this to all of the roommates I've ever had...

(not that Primus *actually* ever had a chance with any of them but one did play bass and still hated it)
__________________
http://www.last.fm/user/ohio0808

sometimes I don't thrill you
sometimes I think I'll kill you
just don't let me fuck up will you
'cause when I need a friend it's still you
Violent & Funky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 04:47 PM   #132 (permalink)
Mate, Spawn & Die
 
Janszoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Posts: 24,028
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violent & Funky View Post
I think I've done this to all of the roommates I've ever had...

(not that Primus *actually* ever had a chance with any of them but one did play bass and still hated it)
Primus is a lot better than 311 though.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
i'm not gonna spend my life on music banter trying to convince people the earth is flat.
A Night in the Life of the Invisible Man

Time & Place

25 Albums You Should Hear Before the Moon Crashes into the Earth and We All Die


last.fm
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 05:43 PM   #133 (permalink)
air quote
 
Engine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: pollen & mold
Posts: 3,050
Default

Here are some things I've learned about Janszoon:

-His avatar was just changed but he used to have my all time favorite one which is this:



-He likes good music, often great music. I agree with him most of the time

-He once posted a picture of himself while he was bored on a plane and he has a beard that jackhammer would kill somebody for

-One thing I haven't learned is what the fuck the word 'janszoon' means


Other stuff I've learned:

-I can't articulate anything meaningful about music in under like 300 words. This is why I don't post as much as I would like.

-People who like music enough to join a music forum are into crap music like Linkin Park? 311? Rush?!
Actually I already knew those things - but I did not know that such people also like other music that's good

-I don't care at all how people on a music forum feel about Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion.

-Finally, I remember back to about 15 years ago when I wondered what the hell would become of the generation of kids who grew up with music like Marilyn Manson, Limp Bizkit, and Eminem topping the charts. MB has answered that for me!
__________________
Like an arrow,
I was only passing through.
Engine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 05:46 PM   #134 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Scotland
Posts: 4,355
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engine View Post




-I don't care at all how people on a music forum feel about Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion.

!
I feel the same way.
James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 06:06 PM   #135 (permalink)
( ̄ー ̄)
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3,258
Default

Bummer, you should. There are extremely intelligent people here that discuss really interesting and pertinent things.
RVCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 07:54 PM   #136 (permalink)
Goes back & does it again
 
OctaneHugo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: philadelphia
Posts: 806
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engine View Post
-People who like music enough to join a music forum are into crap music like Linkin Park? 311? Rush?!
If I ever hear you compare Rush (by no means my favorite band but a decent one nonetheless) to Linkin Park or 311 again I will crowbar your face.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVCA View Post
Bummer, you should. There are extremely intelligent people here that discuss really interesting and pertinent things.
I'd second this notion but until there's actual censorship to each his own. You don't have to post in or read those forums (hell, I usually don't because I either find the discussion hard to jump into or about something I don't care enough about to fight over it) if you don't want to.
__________________

If Any Major Dude Has Yet To Tell You, Click Here
OctaneHugo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 08:01 PM   #137 (permalink)
Mate, Spawn & Die
 
Janszoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Posts: 24,028
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engine View Post
Here are some things I've learned about Janszoon:

-His avatar was just changed but he used to have my all time favorite one which is this:

I'm just getting prepared for Halloween with this new one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engine View Post
-One thing I haven't learned is what the fuck the word 'janszoon' means
It means "johnson" in Dutch.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
i'm not gonna spend my life on music banter trying to convince people the earth is flat.
A Night in the Life of the Invisible Man

Time & Place

25 Albums You Should Hear Before the Moon Crashes into the Earth and We All Die


last.fm
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 08:02 PM   #138 (permalink)
air quote
 
Engine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: pollen & mold
Posts: 3,050
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OctaneHugo View Post
If I ever hear you compare Rush (by no means my favorite band but a decent one nonetheless) to Linkin Park or 311 again I will crowbar your face.
I wasn't comparing - just listing.

Quote:
I'd second this notion but until there's actual censorship to each his own. You don't have to post in or read those forums (hell, I usually don't because I either find the discussion hard to jump into or about something I don't care enough about to fight over it) if you don't want to.
Yes, obviously there are plenty of smart people here talking about important things - I just rather leave it to them.
__________________
Like an arrow,
I was only passing through.
Engine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 08:04 PM   #139 (permalink)
air quote
 
Engine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: pollen & mold
Posts: 3,050
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
I'm just getting prepared for Halloween with this new one.
I could tell by the candy corn. Does this mean Disgruntled Bearded Guy is coming back later? I mean the avatar, not you
__________________
Like an arrow,
I was only passing through.
Engine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 08:08 PM   #140 (permalink)
Mate, Spawn & Die
 
Janszoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Posts: 24,028
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engine View Post
I could tell by the candy corn. Does this mean Disgruntled Bearded Guy is coming back later? I mean the avatar, not you
Haha, that candy corn is my favorite thing about it! It makes me laugh every time I look at it.

I'll probably bring him back for a victory lap at some point. Though I keep saying that about my old evil Mickey avatar too.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
i'm not gonna spend my life on music banter trying to convince people the earth is flat.
A Night in the Life of the Invisible Man

Time & Place

25 Albums You Should Hear Before the Moon Crashes into the Earth and We All Die


last.fm
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.