Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > General Music
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2013, 02:40 PM   #1 (permalink)
Groupie
 
PunkKitten138's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 40
Default Where is the...

Where is the Rockabilly threads? or topics?
PunkKitten138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 07:00 PM   #2 (permalink)
Nobody likes my music
 
Trollheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: In Cognito
Posts: 21,747
Default

Most likely here Rock N Roll, Classic Rock & 60s Rock - Music Banter
__________________
Trollheart: Signature-free since April 2018
Trollheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 07:19 PM   #3 (permalink)
MB quadrant's JM Vincent
 
duga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 3,722
Default

Yeah... Does rockabilly really need it's own section? Name 10 worthwhile rockabilly bands...... Now
__________________
Confusion will be my epitaph...
duga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 07:40 PM   #4 (permalink)
The Sexual Intellectual
 
Urban Hat€monger ?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Somewhere cooler than you
Posts: 18,449
Default

1. coldplay
__________________



Urb's RYM Stuff

Most people sell their soul to the devil, but the devil sells his soul to Nick Cave.
Urban Hat€monger ? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 07:41 PM   #5 (permalink)
MB quadrant's JM Vincent
 
duga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 3,722
Default

There's no reason that should have cracked me up... But it did.
__________________
Confusion will be my epitaph...
duga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 11:23 AM   #6 (permalink)
Groupie
 
PunkKitten138's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 40
Default

Tiger Army
Hillbilly moon Explosion
The limit club
Reverend Horton heat
The Creepshow
Necromantix
Mad Sin
Stray Cats
The young Werewolves
Carl perkins...

The list goes on and on... theres no reason to knock on Rockabilly, Just because YOU dont like them doesnt mean that someone else doesnt.
PunkKitten138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 11:47 AM   #7 (permalink)
Mate, Spawn & Die
 
Janszoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Posts: 24,037
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunkKitten138 View Post
Tiger Army
Hillbilly moon Explosion
The limit club
Reverend Horton heat
The Creepshow
Necromantix
Mad Sin
Stray Cats
The young Werewolves
Carl perkins...

The list goes on and on... theres no reason to knock on Rockabilly, Just because YOU dont like them doesnt mean that someone else doesnt.
List needs more Eddie Cochran.

If you search around there are actually a few threads about rockabilly or rockabilly bands (or psychobilly). You're right though that there doesn't appear to be a general thread dedicated to rockabilly. If you'd like there to be one you should start one.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
i'm not gonna spend my life on music banter trying to convince people the earth is flat.
A Night in the Life of the Invisible Man

Time & Place

25 Albums You Should Hear Before the Moon Crashes into the Earth and We All Die


last.fm
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 11:52 AM   #8 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: The South
Posts: 72
Default

So Rockabilly you say... Maybe I'm missing something here?

Tiger Army - Psychobilly, Punk, Alternative, Horror Punk, Rock N' Roll, Cowpunk
Hillbilly Moon Explosion - Americana, Country
The Limit Club - Psychobilly, Rockabilly, Punk, Gothic, Deathrock
Reverend Horton Heat - Psychobilly, Rockabilly, Country
The Creepshow - Psychobilly, Horror Punk
Necromantix - Psychobilly
Mad Sin - Psychobilly, Punk
Stray Cats - Rockabilly, Rock N' Roll, Jazz Rock
The Young Werewolves - Rockabilly, Psychobilly, Garage Rock, Surf Rock, Horror Punk
Carl Perkins - Rock N' Roll, Rockabilly, Country
Scotty The Rebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 11:55 AM   #9 (permalink)
Groupie
 
PunkKitten138's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 40
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
List needs more Eddie Cochran.

If you search around there are actually a few threads about rockabilly or rockabilly bands (or psychobilly). You're right though that there doesn't appear to be a general thread dedicated to rockabilly. If you'd like there to be one you should start one.
Thank you!!! maybe i will!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty The Rebel View Post
So Rockabilly you say... Maybe I'm missing something here?

Tiger Army - Psychobilly, Punk, Alternative, Horror Punk, Rock N' Roll, Cowpunk
Hillbilly Moon Explosion - Americana, Country
The Limit Club - Psychobilly, Rockabilly, Punk, Gothic, Deathrock
Reverend Horton Heat - Psychobilly, Rockabilly, Country
The Creepshow - Psychobilly, Horror Punk
Necromantix - Psychobilly
Mad Sin - Psychobilly, Punk
Stray Cats - Rockabilly, Rock N' Roll, Jazz Rock
The Young Werewolves - Rockabilly, Psychobilly, Garage Rock, Surf Rock, Horror Punk
Carl Perkins - Rock N' Roll, Rockabilly, Country
And no it looks like you have it all pretty straight. lol
PunkKitten138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 12:53 PM   #10 (permalink)
MB quadrant's JM Vincent
 
duga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 3,722
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunkKitten138 View Post
Tiger Army
Hillbilly moon Explosion
The limit club
Reverend Horton heat
The Creepshow
Necromantix
Mad Sin
Stray Cats
The young Werewolves
Carl perkins...

The list goes on and on... theres no reason to knock on Rockabilly, Just because YOU dont like them doesnt mean that someone else doesnt.
I respect the reply. I was trying to get discussion going anyway.

But yeah, I'm not a fan of any of those bands. And I surely wouldn't put Tiger Army under rockabilly as their main descriptor.
__________________
Confusion will be my epitaph...
duga is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



© 2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.