Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > General Music
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2019, 11:57 PM   #401 (permalink)
ComputerHabenHerzschmerz
 
Neapolitan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Les Barricades Mystérieuses
Posts: 6,327
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaExpressesHerself View Post
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhanteimi View Post
Actually, I like you a lot, Nea. That's why I treat you like ****. It's the MB way.

"it counts in our hearts" - ʕººʔ
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” ― Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” – Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." - John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." — Keith Richards ☮ 💖 ♫ ∞ ἰχθύς
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 12:14 AM   #402 (permalink)
The Zany Magician
 
Unitron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Burning Star
Posts: 826
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
__________________
Last.FM
RYM
Unitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 11:57 AM   #403 (permalink)
Girls,Cars,Guitars
 
elphenor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 8,932
Default

hell yes
__________________
Just another marketing ploy
Quote:
I've got a woman mean as she can be
sometimes I think, she's almost as mean as me
elphenor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 11:42 PM   #404 (permalink)
Your FBI Rep
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Atop of the Throne
Posts: 29,549
Default

__________________
Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 12:09 AM   #405 (permalink)
ComputerHabenHerzschmerz
 
Neapolitan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Les Barricades Mystérieuses
Posts: 6,327
Default

BAUHAUS - Dark Entries (Live in London 24-02-1982) HD
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhanteimi View Post
Actually, I like you a lot, Nea. That's why I treat you like ****. It's the MB way.

"it counts in our hearts" - ʕººʔ
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” ― Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” – Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." - John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." — Keith Richards ☮ 💖 ♫ ∞ ἰχθύς
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 12:27 AM   #406 (permalink)
Master Of Muzak
 
Anteater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Somewhere swarthy
Posts: 3,964
Default

Peter Cetera is a divine being.

__________________
My Top 30 Albums of 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland
You can't blame the Jews for everything...just most things.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk
Trump might be the best thing since free jazz.
Anteater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 05:58 PM   #407 (permalink)
Put The Cult In Culture
 
Lucem Ferre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 2,657
Default

I know you don't like rap because you hate black people, but I'm sure you can really relate to this song.

__________________
Quote:
Lucem, you're right, it's silly to talk about what I would or wouldn't do IRL. Glad you brought it up. Maybe you should write an instrumental about it. I recommend a piano paired with a clarinet. With ambient sounds of you hanging from your shower curtain you ****ing failure.

Art Is Dead. Buy My ****.
Lucem Ferre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 06:02 PM   #408 (permalink)
Girls,Cars,Guitars
 
elphenor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 8,932
Default

I don't dislike rap

probably listen to it more than metal

I guess what I hate is the cringey white hip hoppers that I grew up around, no personal offense to you
__________________
Just another marketing ploy
Quote:
I've got a woman mean as she can be
sometimes I think, she's almost as mean as me
elphenor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 06:15 PM   #409 (permalink)
Put The Cult In Culture
 
Lucem Ferre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 2,657
Default

I grew up around cringey white hip hoppers of all sorts of varieties.
__________________
Quote:
Lucem, you're right, it's silly to talk about what I would or wouldn't do IRL. Glad you brought it up. Maybe you should write an instrumental about it. I recommend a piano paired with a clarinet. With ambient sounds of you hanging from your shower curtain you ****ing failure.

Art Is Dead. Buy My ****.
Lucem Ferre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:00 AM   #410 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
DMBFFF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 57
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMBFFF View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondo Bungle View Post
the whole thing is good

but I was down to hear a whole album of what's going on in the intro because it's pretty stunning
Frickin' good song.

Like Sonic Youth, but far more talented.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondo Bungle View Post



I take back a bit of what I posted.

I was reading an article in a popular "wiki" about Sonic Youth and was a bit more impressed. I guess I was more impressed with the Clikatat Ikatowi song more in general than just the guitar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondo Bungle View Post
Sonic Youth are one of the most talented bands to ever exist tf
Would you say the top 1000 most talented ever to exist, top 100, top 10?

Please explain to me why Kool Thing isn't worse than even Smells like Teen Spirit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondo Bungle View Post
best guitar in music hands down
I did a search: best guitarist
(or guitarists)


The Official Best Guitarist Thread The Official Best Guitarist Thread (jimi hendrix, member, classic, talent)

At the time:
1,119 posts
148,799 views
112 pages

I searched the page for "Thurston."

8 results.
https://www.musicbanter.com/search.php?searchid=6986299

So some people think he's the best.

I think you have exaggerated more than I have.










(not Mondo Bungle either)
DMBFFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.