So What Are We Drinking Tonight? - Music Banter Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2010, 12:43 PM   #1341 (permalink)
eat the masters
 
debaserr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 5,455
Default

i love dogfish head ipas too. excellent taste sir. whats dead guy ale?
__________________
Last.FM
debaserr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 03:50 PM   #1342 (permalink)
Alternatively Alternative
 
emostreetguitar562268's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: lost and never found...
Posts: 132
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike*Spiegel View Post
Aka red Kool-aid and a box of Mike & Ikes.
no, i found a bit of wine in my garage, so i drank it. wasnt planning on drinking all of it though...
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeveuxleson
I am just curious to see some statistics on the sexual orientation of the forum's members. I do believe the forum is run mostly of male heterosexual men, and I wonder if the statistics are represented here.
Male men? Are there other kinds of men?
emostreetguitar562268 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 08:12 AM   #1343 (permalink)
Killed Laura Palmer
 
ThePhanastasio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Ashland, KY
Posts: 1,669
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric generic View Post
i love dogfish head ipas too. excellent taste sir. whats dead guy ale?
Dead Guy Ale is made by Rogue, and it's really tasty. Definitely can taste the hops in it, but it pours into a glass beautifully and the hops aren't overwhelmingly bitter, and they don't cling on the palate so much. Very smooth drink, considering.

I still probably like the Dogfish Head 90 Min IPA better, because it's 9% ABV and I still think it's smoother. I think the Dead Guy Ale is something like 6.9% ABV.
ThePhanastasio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 09:20 AM   #1344 (permalink)
Seemingly Silenced
 
crash_override's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Everett, WA
Posts: 2,308
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric generic View Post
i love dogfish head ipas too. excellent taste sir. whats dead guy ale?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhanastasio View Post
Dead Guy Ale is made by Rogue, and it's really tasty. Definitely can taste the hops in it, but it pours into a glass beautifully and the hops aren't overwhelmingly bitter, and they don't cling on the palate so much. Very smooth drink, considering.
It's made in Portland, Oregon I believe. Pretty good stuff regardless.
__________________
My MB music journal

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBEY
"Never trust your own eyes, believe what you are told".
crash_override is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 11:04 AM   #1345 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Nine Black Poppies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: A State of Denial
Posts: 357
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash_override View Post
It's made in Portland, Oregon I believe. Pretty good stuff regardless.
They're based in Newport, actually, on the coast about 2.5 hours from here. But yeah, that stuff is everywhere in this town (it's kind of a beer city). It's not bad. Not my favorite, but definitely drinkable.

Not tonight, but the other night:


I'm just gonna go ahead and say that was a bad idea and shame on me cos I (we, really--it was a group event) should know better.
__________________
Like carnivores to carnal pleasures, so were we to desperate measures...
Nine Black Poppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 05:52 PM   #1346 (permalink)
Seemingly Silenced
 
crash_override's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Everett, WA
Posts: 2,308
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine Black Poppies View Post
They're based in Newport, actually, on the coast about 2.5 hours from here. But yeah, that stuff is everywhere in this town (it's kind of a beer city). It's not bad. Not my favorite, but definitely drinkable.

Not tonight, but the other night:


I'm just gonna go ahead and say that was a bad idea and shame on me cos I (we, really--it was a group event) should know better.
Ahh, not too far off then. Oregon is fairly famous for their beer. Four Loko should be illegal.

edit: wtf is up with the cans? one is 12% alcohol and the other is 11%, it's like a booze lottery.
__________________
My MB music journal

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBEY
"Never trust your own eyes, believe what you are told".
crash_override is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 06:47 PM   #1347 (permalink)
Groupie
 
Radiohead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 15
Default

12% alcohol. Geez....you'd better drink slow. And get a cab when you're done.
Radiohead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 06:57 PM   #1348 (permalink)
Mate, Spawn & Die
 
Janszoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Posts: 24,158
Default

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
i'm not gonna spend my life on music banter trying to convince people the earth is flat.
A Night in the Life of the Invisible Man

Time & Place

25 Albums You Should Hear Before the Moon Crashes into the Earth and We All Die


last.fm
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 08:37 PM   #1349 (permalink)
Quiet Man in the Corner
 
CanwllCorfe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Pocono Mountains
Posts: 2,452
Default



PERFECT amount of sweetness. I don't get why companies either add a bunch of sugar, or replace it all with artificial sweetener.
__________________
Your eyes were never yet let in to see the majesty and riches of the mind, but dwell in darkness; for your God is blind.

CanwllCorfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 09:46 PM   #1350 (permalink)
eat the masters
 
debaserr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 5,455
Default

more ipa for monday night football.
__________________
Last.FM
debaserr is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2022 Advameg, Inc.