Your Day - Music Banter Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2020, 11:57 AM   #75131 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
ribbons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,080
Default

jwb, to be clear, when I posted my opinion above I honestly wasn't even thinking of your argument with the guy running the house. I can understand why you were angry with him. My best friend has a son living in a residence who regularly has problems with people managing the residence; they are often disrespectful to him, and it angers and hurts him deeply to the point of sometimes wanted to kill himself. So I totally get it - and btw, I hardly think you're a POS by any means. I think you're really smart, in fact.

I just don't like these words being used in any situation - whether it be to insult, joke around or tease, or what have you.
ribbons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 11:59 AM   #75132 (permalink)
one-balled nipple jockey
 
OccultHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Dirty Souf Biatch
Posts: 22,033
Default

What words are ok?
__________________

2016 2017 2018 2019 2020

Member of the Year & Journal of the Year Champion

Behold the Writing of THE LEGEND:

https://www.musicbanter.com/members-...p-lighter.html

OccultHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 12:00 PM   #75133 (permalink)
Just Keep Swimming...
 
Plankton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: See signature...
Posts: 7,215
Default

Can I still call Batlord a Dork?
__________________
See location...
Plankton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 12:00 PM   #75134 (permalink)
five by five
 
Marie Monday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Cute Post Malone's mom
Posts: 3,102
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ribbons View Post
jwb, to be clear, when I posted my opinion above I honestly wasn't even thinking of your argument with the guy running the house. I can understand why you were angry with him. My best friend has a son living in a residence who regularly has problems with people managing the residence; they are often disrespectful to him, and it angers and hurts him deeply to the point of sometimes wanted to kill himself. So I totally get it - and btw, I hardly think you're a POS by any means. I think you're really smart, in fact.

I just don't like these words being used in any situation - whether it be to insult, joke around or tease, or what have you.
you're such a saint <3
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
You sound like Buffy after they dragged her back from Heaven.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WWWP View Post
I want to open a school for MB's lost boys and teach them basic coping skills and build up their self esteem and strengthen their emotional intelligence and teach them about vegetables and institutionalized racism and sexism and then they'll all build a bronze statue of me in my honor and my bronzed titties will forever be groped by the grubby paws of you ****ing whiny pathetic white boys.
Marie Monday is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 12:00 PM   #75135 (permalink)
Cuter Than Post Malone.
 
Lucem Ferre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 4,930
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
What words are ok?
None. STFU, honky.
__________________
Quote:
Lucem, you're right, it's silly to talk about what I would or wouldn't do IRL. Glad you brought it up. Maybe you should write an instrumental about it. I recommend a piano paired with a clarinet. With ambient sounds of you hanging from your shower curtain you ****ing failure.

Art Is Dead. Buy My ****.
Lucem Ferre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 12:07 PM   #75136 (permalink)
Cuter Than Post Malone.
 
Lucem Ferre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 4,930
Default

I wanna quit saying retard too.

It feels so good to use, though.
__________________
Quote:
Lucem, you're right, it's silly to talk about what I would or wouldn't do IRL. Glad you brought it up. Maybe you should write an instrumental about it. I recommend a piano paired with a clarinet. With ambient sounds of you hanging from your shower curtain you ****ing failure.

Art Is Dead. Buy My ****.
Lucem Ferre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 12:07 PM   #75137 (permalink)
five by five
 
Marie Monday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Cute Post Malone's mom
Posts: 3,102
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
Tell me an insult that doesn’t drag down a large group of people
ok that wasn't very accurate; rather it depends on how sensitive the subject of disrespect is
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
You sound like Buffy after they dragged her back from Heaven.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WWWP View Post
I want to open a school for MB's lost boys and teach them basic coping skills and build up their self esteem and strengthen their emotional intelligence and teach them about vegetables and institutionalized racism and sexism and then they'll all build a bronze statue of me in my honor and my bronzed titties will forever be groped by the grubby paws of you ****ing whiny pathetic white boys.
Marie Monday is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 12:10 PM   #75138 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
ribbons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,080
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie Monday View Post
you're such a saint <3
Hardly, but thank you. I think YOU are, really! <3

I just don't like to see people being hurt, or to think I've inadvertently hurt someone.
ribbons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 12:28 PM   #75139 (permalink)
one-balled nipple jockey
 
OccultHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Dirty Souf Biatch
Posts: 22,033
Default

jftr some of the most maligned people are those with lower IQ’s or less education

others are socially awkward

perhaps you fall outside typical standards of beauty

maybe you can’t write very well

maybe you’re fat

maybe you’re cruel even

what ever the insult is there’s going to be a large group of people who live more difficult lives because of a shortcoming that inevitably comes from factors almost completely (I believe completely) but at least almost completely beyond one’s control

your intelligence your appearance your disposition all of it is combination of genetics and environmental factors

we have these forbidden terms but they’re culturally established based on trends and social clout

it’s not based on the disenfranchisement that comes with the trait

perhaps you’ll call someone a moron or an idiot and think that’s better than n igger or f aggot but (you’re awfully polite so I don’t really know just making an example)

but you wouldn’t be a physicist if your IQ was 85. And what kind of hardship would be inflicted on you if your IQ was 85? the fact that you’re smart is just luck of the draw

and if you worked hard the fact that you’re industrious is good fortune as well

if we’re going to be serious about this we really need to rethink how we use language altogether not just with how it aligns with our current ideas of what group is portrayed as marginalized
__________________

2016 2017 2018 2019 2020

Member of the Year & Journal of the Year Champion

Behold the Writing of THE LEGEND:

https://www.musicbanter.com/members-...p-lighter.html

OccultHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 12:38 PM   #75140 (permalink)
SOPHIE FOREVER
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: East of the Southern North American West
Posts: 35,170
Default

Adapting your whole language system to avoid marginalizing people versus not insulting others

Both reasonable but I know which one is easier
__________________
Studies show that when a given norm is changed in the face of the unchanging, the remaining contradictions will parallel the truth.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



© 2003-2022 Advameg, Inc.