Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2021, 01:20 PM   #78441 (permalink)
Born to be mild
 
Trollheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 404 Not Found
Posts: 24,081
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwb View Post
huh. That's strange, apparently Arab pilots make the same amount that American first responders do.

Yeah but the medical benefits are ****.
__________________
Trollheart: Signature-free since April 2018
Trollheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 01:41 PM   #78442 (permalink)
Cuter Than Post Malone.
 
Lucem Ferre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 4,930
Default

I heard that job was the bomb.
__________________
Quote:
Lucem, you're right, it's silly to talk about what I would or wouldn't do IRL. Glad you brought it up. Maybe you should write an instrumental about it. I recommend a piano paired with a clarinet. With ambient sounds of you hanging from your shower curtain you ****ing failure.

Art Is Dead. Buy My ****.
Lucem Ferre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 04:47 PM   #78443 (permalink)
silky smooth
 
YorkeDaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Pangaea
Posts: 3,880
Default

So my younger brother (age 21) had been living with his girlfriend of a couple years. One night she gave him his phone while she ran to the bathroom because she plays mobile games and was in the middle of something apparently. During that a text popped up on her phone basically suggesting that she was in the middle of a conversation with somebody talking about the pros and cons of breaking up with my brother to date his best friend. I’m not sure the details on what happened next, I don’t know how my brother reacted in the immediate moment, but regardless his girlfriend did exactly that and dumped him for his best friend. They have 3 months left on an apartment lease. My brother was ****ing understandably devastated and didn’t want to be in that apartment anymore, so he packed up the stuff he could and moved in with me.

It’s a week later now. I found out a day or two after he moved in with me that he also quit his job at a warehouse in town in the middle of the resulting mental breakdown. Thankfully though he called the job back this week after he’d had some time and the job took him back. Overall he has not been doing well. I feel obligated to try and keep him busy instead of being alone and letting everything stew internally so I’ve been spending as much time with him as I reasonably can. It’s hard to know what the right advice or thing to do is in this kind of situation. When he told me on the phone what was going on and he started crying on the phone I think is the most difficult thing I’ve ever had to hear from someone I care about. But yeah crazy week, plus we’re moving in 3 weeks so a ****load of stuff involved there as well
__________________
http://cloudcover1.bandcamp.com/
http://daydreamsociety.bandcamp.com/

9-Time Winner of MusicBanter's "Most Qualified to be a Moderator" Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
On this one your voice is kind of weird but really intense and awesome
YorkeDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 05:00 PM   #78444 (permalink)
Zum Henker Defätist!!
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 45,943
Default

I'm glad he ditched the mobile gamer.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 05:13 PM   #78445 (permalink)
five by five
 
Marie Monday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Cute Post Malone's mom
Posts: 2,949
Default

@YD your poor brother And horrible for you too of course. It's kind of you to take him in
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
You sound like Buffy after they dragged her back from Heaven.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WWWP View Post
I want to open a school for MB's lost boys and teach them basic coping skills and build up their self esteem and strengthen their emotional intelligence and teach them about vegetables and institutionalized racism and sexism and then they'll all build a bronze statue of me in my honor and my bronzed titties will forever be groped by the grubby paws of you ****ing whiny pathetic white boys.
Marie Monday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 05:39 PM   #78446 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
ribbons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,005
Default

YorkeDaddy, I agree with Marie: You're a good brother. So sorry that your brother is suffering - my heart breaks for him just reading about it. Your brother's ex-girlfriend and (presumably ex-)"best friend" are a disgrace. Glad to hear that your brother got his job back. Time heals all wounds; and with your love and care, I'm sure your brother will make it through this stronger than ever.
ribbons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 07:21 PM   #78447 (permalink)
SGR
No Ice In My Bourbon
 
SGR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: /dev/null
Posts: 2,999
Default

Sorry to hear that YD, that **** ****ing sucks. I'm sure he'll get over it though, in time, and grow from it. On the plus side, he can help you move.
SGR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 07:27 PM   #78448 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Norg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,948
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkeDaddy View Post
So my younger brother (age 21) had been living with his girlfriend of a couple years. One night she gave him his phone while she ran to the bathroom because she plays mobile games and was in the middle of something apparently. During that a text popped up on her phone basically suggesting that she was in the middle of a conversation with somebody talking about the pros and cons of breaking up with my brother to date his best friend. I’m not sure the details on what happened next, I don’t know how my brother reacted in the immediate moment, but regardless his girlfriend did exactly that and dumped him for his best friend. They have 3 months left on an apartment lease. My brother was ****ing understandably devastated and didn’t want to be in that apartment anymore, so he packed up the stuff he could and moved in with me.

It’s a week later now. I found out a day or two after he moved in with me that he also quit his job at a warehouse in town in the middle of the resulting mental breakdown. Thankfully though he called the job back this week after he’d had some time and the job took him back. Overall he has not been doing well. I feel obligated to try and keep him busy instead of being alone and letting everything stew internally so I’ve been spending as much time with him as I reasonably can. It’s hard to know what the right advice or thing to do is in this kind of situation. When he told me on the phone what was going on and he started crying on the phone I think is the most difficult thing I’ve ever had to hear from someone I care about. But yeah crazy week, plus we’re moving in 3 weeks so a ****load of stuff involved there as well

Thots really know how to break a good mans heart : (
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 07:35 PM   #78449 (permalink)
SGR
No Ice In My Bourbon
 
SGR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: /dev/null
Posts: 2,999
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
Thots really know how to break a good mans heart : (
And what the **** happened to bros before hoes anyway? Some best friend.
SGR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 07:37 PM   #78450 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Norg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,948
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundgardenRocks View Post
And what the **** happened to bros before hoes anyway? Some best friend.
SOme guys dont give a fudge. :P he was prob never really his friend

thats why i dont really have any "best" friends ..just people i know : I


Lone wolf here sadly........ but some of yall here on MB are kinda cool Internet buddies !!!
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



© 2003-2021 Advameg, Inc.