Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2018, 10:27 AM   #11 (permalink)
be excellent 2 each other
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Atop of the Throne
Posts: 32,020
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubber soul View Post
I've never had the flu shot either. I figured why get the flu for taking a flu shot. I explained that to my new doctor and she was like," that's your body fighting off the dead virus.". Um, yeah, by making me sick.
No. If you get the flu after the flu shot it either means that you caught a different strain or you already had it. It's a dead virus, you absolutely cannot get infected from it. **** outta here.
__________________
At a time like this, scorching irony, not convincing argument, is needed.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 10:38 AM   #12 (permalink)
Reading PDFs
 
elphenor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 11,368
Default

wow why do I seem to always get the flu during flu season when everyone around me has the flu and I'm reminded to get the shot

must be the vaccine
__________________
Just another marketing ploy

Quote:
I love tube disasters
I wanna marry a tube disaster
I want another one just like the last one
because I live for tube disasters
elphenor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 10:39 AM   #13 (permalink)
be excellent 2 each other
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Atop of the Throne
Posts: 32,020
Default

Bitches just want a weak excuse to avoid getting poked.
__________________
At a time like this, scorching irony, not convincing argument, is needed.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 10:42 AM   #14 (permalink)
I'm back, baby!
 
Trollheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: In your face
Posts: 22,025
Default

All I can say is that I've been getting the shot for the last maybe four years and I have yet to catch the flu. So I guess it works for me. And for Karen, who has successfully avoided it so far. I honestly don't get why some of her carers don't get the shot; I mean, if you're dealing with, touching, washing, cleaning, in some cases (though not ours) feeding people who are at high risk of getting the flu, why wouldn't you spend the twenty quid and get the damn shot? Why aren't you required to by your company? What's the point in me getting it, Karen getting it and then her catching it from some carer? Or am I being stupid? If she's vaccinated, is she then proof against if from anyone coming in contact with her?
__________________
Trollheart: Signature-free since April 2018
Trollheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 10:43 AM   #15 (permalink)
Exo
All day jazz and biscuits
 
Exo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 5,627
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubber soul View Post
I've never had the flu shot either. I figured why get the flu for taking a flu shot. I explained that to my new doctor and she was like," that's your body fighting off the dead virus.". Um, yeah, by making me sick.
Please google how flu shots and vaccines in general work. Thanks.

I don't get the flu shot because I'm lazy and I hate myself, not because I don't know how modern medicine/science works.
__________________
LastFM
My Film Blog That I don't Write in Anymore
jsmith7389 on Spotify
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Wilkes Booth View Post
ants are at every zoo you ever been to bitch
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
elph

would you kiss the vagina of a woman who asked you to switch off half japanese?
Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 10:47 AM   #16 (permalink)
be excellent 2 each other
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Atop of the Throne
Posts: 32,020
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
All I can say is that I've been getting the shot for the last maybe four years and I have yet to catch the flu. So I guess it works for me. And for Karen, who has successfully avoided it so far.
**** anecdotal evidence all day every day.


Quote:
I honestly don't get why some of her carers don't get the shot; I mean, if you're dealing with, touching, washing, cleaning, in some cases (though not ours) feeding people who are at high risk of getting the flu, why wouldn't you spend the twenty quid and get the damn shot? Why aren't you required to by your company?
They should be. If it were my company I would make that a fireable offense.

Quote:
What's the point in me getting it, Karen getting it and then her catching it from some carer? Or am I being stupid? If she's vaccinated, is she then proof against if from anyone coming in contact with her?
There's a window where you can still get infected, but once the vaccine is effective (1-2 weeks), your body is immune from those specific viruses (hence the term immunization). As you probably know, there are always multiple strains of the flu, so there is the possibility that you can still catch an alternative strain of flu from what you were immunized from.
__________________
At a time like this, scorching irony, not convincing argument, is needed.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 10:49 AM   #17 (permalink)
Call me Mustard
 
rubber soul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Pepperland
Posts: 1,311
Default

I just know people have gotten sick after taking a flu shot. I've got nothing against vaccines in general in case people are thinking I'm some sort of Jenny McCarthy nut case. I just don't trust flu shots.


BTW, I've never gotten a severe case of the flu either and I'm 56.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pet_Sounds View Post
But looking for quality interaction on MB is like trying to stay hydrated by drinking salt water.
rubber soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 10:50 AM   #18 (permalink)
be excellent 2 each other
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Atop of the Throne
Posts: 32,020
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubber soul View Post
I just know people have gotten sick after taking a flu shot. I've got nothing against vaccines in general in case people are thinking I'm some sort of Jenny McCarthy nut case. I just don't trust flu shots.
You're Jenny McCarthy.
__________________
At a time like this, scorching irony, not convincing argument, is needed.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 10:52 AM   #19 (permalink)
Exo
All day jazz and biscuits
 
Exo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 5,627
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubber soul View Post
I just know people have gotten sick after taking a flu shot.
Please see appropriate Frownland Facts below...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
As you probably know, there are always multiple strains of the flu, so there is the possibility that you can still catch an alternative strain of flu from what you were immunized from.
I'm lad you're not anti-vax though. Had me worried.
__________________
LastFM
My Film Blog That I don't Write in Anymore
jsmith7389 on Spotify
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Wilkes Booth View Post
ants are at every zoo you ever been to bitch
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
elph

would you kiss the vagina of a woman who asked you to switch off half japanese?
Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 10:52 AM   #20 (permalink)
- ) ) < > ( ( -
 
WWWP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 3,503
Default

Never had a flu shot, get the flu probably once a year. I get sick all the time though, hazards of the job I guess. Plus I too am lazy and hate myself so tbh my immune system is always at a disadvantage.
__________________
wwwp makes you a playlist pt. 1
wwwp makes you a playlist pt. 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucem Ferre View Post
church is still boring even with Kanye.
WWWP is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.