The Thread of Cancellation - Music Banter Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2021, 09:00 PM   #321 (permalink)
Willowy Elven Boy
 
elphenor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Deli in Winn Dixie in Florida
Posts: 14,554
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwb View Post
Apparently more than elph does seeing that so far he seems intent on attacking hip hop and menthol cigarettes.... I wonder what the next frontline will be in elphs war on blackness???
Culture is conformity
__________________
Just another marketing ploy

Quote:
Are beehives and ant colonies unnatural? Cause they cooperate on a level we could hardly dream of.
elphenor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2021, 09:19 PM   #322 (permalink)
Cuter Than Post Malone.
 
Lucem Ferre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 4,930
Default

Cringe.
__________________
Quote:
Lucem, you're right, it's silly to talk about what I would or wouldn't do IRL. Glad you brought it up. Maybe you should write an instrumental about it. I recommend a piano paired with a clarinet. With ambient sounds of you hanging from your shower curtain you ****ing failure.

Art Is Dead. Buy My ****.
Lucem Ferre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2021, 09:24 PM   #323 (permalink)
Willowy Elven Boy
 
elphenor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Deli in Winn Dixie in Florida
Posts: 14,554
Default

Black health experts have been pushing for the menthol ban for at least a decade now

it's common knowledge that it's down to racist advertising strategies
__________________
Just another marketing ploy

Quote:
Are beehives and ant colonies unnatural? Cause they cooperate on a level we could hardly dream of.
elphenor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2021, 09:29 PM   #324 (permalink)
Cuter Than Post Malone.
 
Lucem Ferre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 4,930
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
Black health experts have been pushing for the menthol ban for at least a decade now

it's common knowledge that it's down to racist advertising strategies
__________________
Quote:
Lucem, you're right, it's silly to talk about what I would or wouldn't do IRL. Glad you brought it up. Maybe you should write an instrumental about it. I recommend a piano paired with a clarinet. With ambient sounds of you hanging from your shower curtain you ****ing failure.

Art Is Dead. Buy My ****.
Lucem Ferre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2021, 09:43 PM   #325 (permalink)
Willowy Elven Boy
 
elphenor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Deli in Winn Dixie in Florida
Posts: 14,554
Default

seriously that anyone would frame this as Biden being racist...

it's an issue he wouldn't give a **** about if it wasn't for black health activists working towards it for years now
__________________
Just another marketing ploy

Quote:
Are beehives and ant colonies unnatural? Cause they cooperate on a level we could hardly dream of.
elphenor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2021, 09:49 PM   #326 (permalink)
Cuter Than Post Malone.
 
Lucem Ferre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 4,930
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
seriously that anyone would frame this as Biden being racist...

it's an issue he wouldn't give a **** about if it wasn't for black health activists working towards it for years now
__________________
Quote:
Lucem, you're right, it's silly to talk about what I would or wouldn't do IRL. Glad you brought it up. Maybe you should write an instrumental about it. I recommend a piano paired with a clarinet. With ambient sounds of you hanging from your shower curtain you ****ing failure.

Art Is Dead. Buy My ****.
Lucem Ferre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2021, 10:11 PM   #327 (permalink)
jwb
I have an Army of Jews
 
jwb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 4,192
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
Culture is conformity
yeh, to have the courage to toe the twitter leftist party line is so very non conformist of you pal

Did you know you're actually the first person ever to retroactively become obsessed with post punk via the internet???? Here's your special identity prize.
jwb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2021, 10:29 PM   #328 (permalink)
Willowy Elven Boy
 
elphenor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Deli in Winn Dixie in Florida
Posts: 14,554
Default

twitter would cancel me, no?

I don't have a twitter

the cultures that form around punk are typically pretty negative and worthy of criticism too
__________________
Just another marketing ploy

Quote:
Are beehives and ant colonies unnatural? Cause they cooperate on a level we could hardly dream of.
elphenor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2021, 10:30 PM   #329 (permalink)
jwb
I have an Army of Jews
 
jwb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 4,192
Default

That's very punk rock.
jwb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021, 03:20 AM   #330 (permalink)
Zum Henker Defätist!!
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 46,863
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
seriously that anyone would frame this as Biden being racist...

it's an issue he wouldn't give a **** about if it wasn't for black health activists working towards it for years now
Presumably because he didn't talk to any black people about this.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2022 Advameg, Inc.