The Thread of Cancellation - Music Banter Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2021, 04:12 AM   #331 (permalink)
Willowy Elven Boy
 
elphenor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Deli in Winn Dixie in Florida
Posts: 14,554
Default

Delmonte Jefferson

Executive Director of The Center for Black Health & Equity

https://www.publichealthlawcenter.or...fferson-naatpn
__________________
Just another marketing ploy

Quote:
Are beehives and ant colonies unnatural? Cause they cooperate on a level we could hardly dream of.
elphenor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021, 09:21 AM   #332 (permalink)
Cuter Than Post Malone.
 
Lucem Ferre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 4,930
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
Delmonte Jefferson

Executive Director of The Center for Black Health & Equity

https://www.publichealthlawcenter.or...fferson-naatpn
__________________
Quote:
Lucem, you're right, it's silly to talk about what I would or wouldn't do IRL. Glad you brought it up. Maybe you should write an instrumental about it. I recommend a piano paired with a clarinet. With ambient sounds of you hanging from your shower curtain you ****ing failure.

Art Is Dead. Buy My ****.
Lucem Ferre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021, 01:16 PM   #333 (permalink)
jwb
I have an Army of Jews
 
jwb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 4,192
Default

Everyone knows that if you ban menthols all that's going to happen is black people are going to start going to the back alleys to get their cigs

I dunno why biden supports it I don't necessarily think he has racist motivations but I am highly suspect of what motivates the 7/11 clerk to support this..... I wonder what his reason could be
jwb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021, 01:30 PM   #334 (permalink)
Zum Henker Defätist!!
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 46,863
Default

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if Fox News doesn't have the correct take on this by calling it condescending liberal paternalism.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021, 01:40 PM   #335 (permalink)
jwb
I have an Army of Jews
 
jwb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 4,192
Default

Is the reasoning that menthols are actually significantly worse for you than normal cigs or is it just cause they're the cigarette of choice for most black smokers?
jwb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021, 01:53 PM   #336 (permalink)
Zum Henker Defätist!!
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 46,863
Default

I've heard they're worse but I don't remember all the reasons other than just the fiber glass.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021, 02:11 PM   #337 (permalink)
jwb
I have an Army of Jews
 
jwb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 4,192
Default

Yeah worse sure but how much worse? Enough to ban? Might as well just ban cigs if they're that serious about the health aspect
jwb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021, 02:20 PM   #338 (permalink)
jwb
I have an Army of Jews
 
jwb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 4,192
Default

Honestly though whether this is a good policy or not it's bound to make more people dislike Biden. I dunno why democrats are so **** at playing this game. Biden was there through the Obama years he should know better than to hang his hat on a largely symbolic policy that is going to piss off the working class in the short term and make you look like a nanny state elitist while any benefits from the policy are going to come long after you're out of office.


It's similar to the banning put cigs from restaurants and bars in Ny. Retroactively a good policy but at the time it just made New Yorkers hate their mayor.

Dems need to step their politics game up before they give us another Trump
jwb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021, 03:02 PM   #339 (permalink)
SGR
No Ice In My Bourbon
 
SGR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: /dev/null
Posts: 3,624
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwb View Post
Yeah worse sure but how much worse? Enough to ban? Might as well just ban cigs if they're that serious about the health aspect
In Biden's America, we only smoke healthy cigarettes.
SGR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021, 06:07 PM   #340 (permalink)
Cuter Than Post Malone.
 
Lucem Ferre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 4,930
Default

__________________
Quote:
Lucem, you're right, it's silly to talk about what I would or wouldn't do IRL. Glad you brought it up. Maybe you should write an instrumental about it. I recommend a piano paired with a clarinet. With ambient sounds of you hanging from your shower curtain you ****ing failure.

Art Is Dead. Buy My ****.
Lucem Ferre is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2022 Advameg, Inc.