Kanye West - Yeezus - Music Banter Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The MB Reader > New Releases Ratings Forum
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

View Poll Results: Rate it, yo.
5 27 27.84%
4 23 23.71%
3 18 18.56%
2 10 10.31%
1 19 19.59%
Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2013, 02:15 PM   #161 (permalink)
the worst guy
 
Goofle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Miami is the place
Posts: 11,435
Default

Wait, Bound 2 is crap?
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
[youtube]NUmCWGPgU7g[/url]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
[youtube]=LtYg1xz1A00[/youbube]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindfulness View Post
2. What was the strangest/best/worst party you ever went to?
Prolly a party I had with some people I know
Goofle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 02:16 PM   #162 (permalink)
President spic
 
Justthefacts's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Waxahatchee
Posts: 4,861
Default

Bound 2 is THE best song on the whole record.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkeDaddy View Post
I love how you edited your post to officially out me out of the closet?" It's like you asked yourself if you were a big enough cunt in the post, concluded that you weren't, and added it in to satisfy your postly cunt quota
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
I converted to Islam today.

Allah Supreme.
A Love Supreme.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondo Bungle View Post
saw LeBron James downtown but then I realized I'm just racist
The Best Collection You'll See Today
Justthefacts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 04:36 PM   #163 (permalink)
Mate, Spawn & Die
 
Janszoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Posts: 24,158
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofle11 View Post
Wait, Bound 2 is crap?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow Groove View Post
Bound 2 is THE best song on the whole record.
The sample he loops in the beginning of "Bound 2" is okay but he doesn't do enough of interest with it, and those godawful Peabo Bryson style vocals that force their way in part way through absolutely destroy the song for me.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
i'm not gonna spend my life on music banter trying to convince people the earth is flat.
A Night in the Life of the Invisible Man

Time & Place

25 Albums You Should Hear Before the Moon Crashes into the Earth and We All Die


last.fm
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 05:26 PM   #164 (permalink)
Make it so
 
Celladorina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 5,872
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
The sample he loops in the beginning of "Bound 2" is okay but he doesn't do enough of interest with it, and those godawful Peabo Bryson style vocals that force their way in part way through absolutely destroy the song for me.
This. Sorry guys. It's just so average to me. But hey, we all listen differently and have different opinions so that's the main thing. If you enjoy it then that's bloody good.
__________________
"Elph is truly an enfant terrible of the forum, bless and curse him" - Marie, Queen of Thots
Celladorina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 06:47 PM   #165 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: The Eyrie, Vale of Arryn, Westeros
Posts: 2,999
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow Groove View Post
Bound 2 is THE best song on the whole record.
Have I ever told you you're perfect?
Sansa Stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 06:55 PM   #166 (permalink)
"Hermione-Lite"
 
Arya Stark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New York.
Posts: 3,024
Default

Blood on the Leaves and Guilt Trip are two of my faves.
I like almost every song on the album.

I am a God is pretty weird for me tho. lol
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sansa Stark View Post
I'm down with Jesus, in that case.


MB Journal.
Azucar y Especia. My blog.
Arya Stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 10:03 PM   #167 (permalink)
President spic
 
Justthefacts's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Waxahatchee
Posts: 4,861
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermione View Post
Have I ever told you you're perfect?
Once or twice.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkeDaddy View Post
I love how you edited your post to officially out me out of the closet?" It's like you asked yourself if you were a big enough cunt in the post, concluded that you weren't, and added it in to satisfy your postly cunt quota
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
I converted to Islam today.

Allah Supreme.
A Love Supreme.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondo Bungle View Post
saw LeBron James downtown but then I realized I'm just racist
The Best Collection You'll See Today
Justthefacts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 10:06 PM   #168 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: The Eyrie, Vale of Arryn, Westeros
Posts: 2,999
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow Groove View Post
Once or twice.
Apparently not as much as I should be
Sansa Stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 10:09 PM   #169 (permalink)
Mate, Spawn & Die
 
Janszoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Posts: 24,158
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwwSugar View Post
Blood on the Leaves and Guilt Trip are two of my faves.
I like almost every song on the album.

I am a God is pretty weird for me tho. lol
I like "I Am a God"! It had such a great mood to it, like streetlights streaking by above a limo on a city street late and night.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
i'm not gonna spend my life on music banter trying to convince people the earth is flat.
A Night in the Life of the Invisible Man

Time & Place

25 Albums You Should Hear Before the Moon Crashes into the Earth and We All Die


last.fm
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 05:51 AM   #170 (permalink)
SGR
No Ice In My Bourbon
 
SGR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: /dev/null
Posts: 3,415
Default

I'm with Janz, the second have starts to drop off in quality a little bit. I think the abrupt shift from the mood of "New Slaves" to "Hold My Liquor" doesn't do the latter track any justice. "Bound 2" isn't a bad song, (it sounds like old Kanye) but it does NOT fit with the surrounding tracks. I think the second half is more downtrodden and slightly more risky which has mixed results for me.
SGR is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2022 Advameg, Inc.