Kanye West - Yeezus - Music Banter Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The MB Reader > New Releases Ratings Forum
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

View Poll Results: Rate it, yo.
5 27 27.84%
4 23 23.71%
3 18 18.56%
2 10 10.31%
1 19 19.59%
Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2013, 03:04 PM   #201 (permalink)
Make it so
 
Celladorina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 5,872
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surell View Post
beeps and boops ftw.
I actually really enjoy the review. Beeps and boobs = fecking funny.
__________________
"Elph is truly an enfant terrible of the forum, bless and curse him" - Marie, Queen of Thots
Celladorina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 03:44 PM   #202 (permalink)
the worst guy
 
Goofle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Miami is the place
Posts: 11,435
Default

This album has nothing on the 20/20 experience.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
[youtube]NUmCWGPgU7g[/url]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
[youtube]=LtYg1xz1A00[/youbube]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindfulness View Post
2. What was the strangest/best/worst party you ever went to?
Prolly a party I had with some people I know
Goofle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 08:28 PM   #203 (permalink)
county fair energy
 
WWWP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 4,517
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hip hop bunny hop View Post
I decided to write a proper review for this:
Gold.
__________________
wwwp makes you a playlist pt. 1
wwwp makes you a playlist pt. 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I know what real life is, I've been living in it for well over a decade
WWWP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 12:57 AM   #204 (permalink)
Master, We Perish
 
Surell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Havin a good time, rollin to the bottom.
Posts: 3,704
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla View Post
I actually really enjoy the review. Beeps and boobs = fecking funny.
i did too, especially the boobs.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhateverDude View Post
Laser beams, psychedelic hats, and for some reason kittens. Surrel reminds me of kittens.
^if you wanna know perfection that's it, you dumb shits
Spoiler for guess what:
|i am a heron i ahev a long neck and i pick fish out of the water w/ my beak if you dont repost this comment on 10 other pages i will fly into your kitchen tonight and make a mess of your pots and pans
Surell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 10:22 AM   #205 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
hip hop bunny hop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,367
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surell View Post
beeps and boops ftw.
I like it when the sample, a man simply saying "BLACK", is repeated. I think this was one of the more inventive moments on the albums. Were it not for Kanye reminding me that he was black over and over again, I may have mistook the album for something done by the remaining Beastie Boys.
__________________
Have mercy on the poor.
hip hop bunny hop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 08:39 PM   #206 (permalink)
President spic
 
Justthefacts's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Waxahatchee
Posts: 4,861
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hip hop bunny hop View Post
I like it when the sample, a man simply saying "BLACK", is repeated. I think this was one of the more inventive moments on the albums. Were it not for Kanye reminding me that he was black over and over again, I may have mistook the album for something done by the remaining Beastie Boys.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkeDaddy View Post
I love how you edited your post to officially out me out of the closet?" It's like you asked yourself if you were a big enough cunt in the post, concluded that you weren't, and added it in to satisfy your postly cunt quota
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
I converted to Islam today.

Allah Supreme.
A Love Supreme.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondo Bungle View Post
saw LeBron James downtown but then I realized I'm just racist
The Best Collection You'll See Today
Justthefacts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 01:56 PM   #207 (permalink)
Groupie
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 1
Default

The beats are great, but where are the lyrics?
muzickal_eezus. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 02:03 PM   #208 (permalink)
MB quadrant's JM Vincent
 
duga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 3,721
Default

I didn't read through all 21 pages of this thread, but thought I'd go ahead and give my impressions.

The album just really pissed me off. I'm convinced now every release of Kanye's is his attempt to see what he can get away with. This is the polar opposite of My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy. Where that album was huge, layered, extensively advertised, had multiple covers, and was generally just as overdone as possible (don't get me wrong...I really liked it) Yeezus is sparse, minimal, there is NO cover art, the advertising was minimal, and it is generally as monotonous as can be. The whole time I felt like he was saying to himself "well I got away with big...I can do whatever the hell I want and people will eat this **** up"...and I kind of felt insulted by the whole thing.

His last album was good, but honestly the guy just makes me mad now. I think I'm done with him.
__________________
Confusion will be my epitaph...
duga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 05:30 AM   #209 (permalink)
Groupie
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 12
Default

I put 4 for this song!
Kate_Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 01:41 AM   #210 (permalink)
A.B.N.
 
djchameleon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NY baby
Posts: 11,160
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by duga View Post
I didn't read through all 21 pages of this thread, but thought I'd go ahead and give my impressions.

The album just really pissed me off. I'm convinced now every release of Kanye's is his attempt to see what he can get away with. This is the polar opposite of My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy. Where that album was huge, layered, extensively advertised, had multiple covers, and was generally just as overdone as possible (don't get me wrong...I really liked it) Yeezus is sparse, minimal, there is NO cover art, the advertising was minimal, and it is generally as monotonous as can be. The whole time I felt like he was saying to himself "well I got away with big...I can do whatever the hell I want and people will eat this **** up"...and I kind of felt insulted by the whole thing.

His last album was good, but honestly the guy just makes me mad now. I think I'm done with him.
I agreed with everything you were saying until you got to the monotonous part. I don't even see how you can say that after listening to the album.

The first half of the album sounds nothing like the second half along with the filler track in the middle that switches up how everything sounds.
__________________
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.


Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2022 Advameg, Inc.