Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The MB Reader > New Releases Ratings Forum
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

View Poll Results: Damn.
5 5 18.52%
4 10 37.04%
3 6 22.22%
2 2 7.41%
1 4 14.81%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2018, 10:33 PM   #21 (permalink)
one-balled nipple jockey
 
OccultHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Dirty Souf Biatch
Posts: 13,523
Default

Pulitzer Prizes for music are hit and miss but in this case it’s an undeniable indication of what an absolute bore Kendrick Lamar has become, not only as a musician but as a human being. ****ing honkey.
__________________
2017 & 2018 Member of the Year Back2Back

Album Review Club (please join)

experimental music on Spotify worth checking out

FREAK FIGHTER JOURNAL (Awarded 2018 Journal of the Year)

free jazz 2018 thread

Drone/Ambient Releases of 2018

OccultHawk Reviews Southern States

A bird has a left wing and a right wing but they’re just for flapping. The bird brain is in the middle.
OccultHawk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 01:43 PM   #22 (permalink)
Gotcha
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Atop of the Throne
Posts: 30,997
Default

Whether it was done out of a genuine respect for the genre (actually a possibility imo) or as a way to get some news coverage, the Pulitzer board is essentially announcing that they're considering rap as a serious art form. From what I gather, the choice of Kendrick over more deserving artists was a combination of limited scope and a chance to tap into Kendrick's crossover appeal. I'm not too concerned about his selection tbh. Since I imagine that there's some crossover in the general Pulitzer community and the Pulitzer music board, it makes sense for him to be chosen for a Pulitzer since he's inarguably stellar on a lyrical and conceptual level.

My displeasure with the record remains with the record. I have no problem with the Pulitzer Prize here, even though they should have given it to Shabazz Palaces.
__________________
At a time like this, scorching irony, not convincing argument, is needed.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 01:48 PM   #23 (permalink)
one-balled nipple jockey
 
OccultHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Dirty Souf Biatch
Posts: 13,523
Default

They should stay in their lane.

They don’t know **** about hip hop so they need to stop fronting

And Kendrick sucks

**** him
__________________
2017 & 2018 Member of the Year Back2Back

Album Review Club (please join)

experimental music on Spotify worth checking out

FREAK FIGHTER JOURNAL (Awarded 2018 Journal of the Year)

free jazz 2018 thread

Drone/Ambient Releases of 2018

OccultHawk Reviews Southern States

A bird has a left wing and a right wing but they’re just for flapping. The bird brain is in the middle.
OccultHawk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 01:51 PM   #24 (permalink)
Gotcha
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Atop of the Throne
Posts: 30,997
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
They should stay in their lane.
Good way to crash imo

Quote:
They don’t know **** about hip hop so they need to stop fronting
Were they ever not fronting?

Quote:
And Kendrick sucks

**** him
Always better with a blowy
__________________
At a time like this, scorching irony, not convincing argument, is needed.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 02:05 PM   #25 (permalink)
one-balled nipple jockey
 
OccultHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Dirty Souf Biatch
Posts: 13,523
Default

Quote:
Were they ever not fronting?
I’ve gone through their music picks and listened to them. They’re usually fronting but not this bad.
__________________
2017 & 2018 Member of the Year Back2Back

Album Review Club (please join)

experimental music on Spotify worth checking out

FREAK FIGHTER JOURNAL (Awarded 2018 Journal of the Year)

free jazz 2018 thread

Drone/Ambient Releases of 2018

OccultHawk Reviews Southern States

A bird has a left wing and a right wing but they’re just for flapping. The bird brain is in the middle.
OccultHawk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 09:14 AM   #26 (permalink)
Put The Cult In Culture
 
Lucem Ferre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 3,206
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by [MERIT] View Post
Calling out crap music for being crap music is hardly indie-dick-riding.

Sometimes Kendrick Lamar brings it, and sometimes he puts out shit that ignorant street rats want to grind to while they are stealing cars and smoking crack. Dude is covering his bases to sell more albums to as wide of an audience as possible.
Like what song has he made for that? ****ing racist.
__________________
Quote:
Lucem, you're right, it's silly to talk about what I would or wouldn't do IRL. Glad you brought it up. Maybe you should write an instrumental about it. I recommend a piano paired with a clarinet. With ambient sounds of you hanging from your shower curtain you ****ing failure.

Art Is Dead. Buy My ****.
Lucem Ferre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 10:18 AM   #27 (permalink)
one-balled nipple jockey
 
OccultHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Dirty Souf Biatch
Posts: 13,523
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucem Ferre View Post
Like what song has he made for that? ****ing racist.
Why are you so sensitive about racism? Are you a little light in your loafers or something?
__________________
2017 & 2018 Member of the Year Back2Back

Album Review Club (please join)

experimental music on Spotify worth checking out

FREAK FIGHTER JOURNAL (Awarded 2018 Journal of the Year)

free jazz 2018 thread

Drone/Ambient Releases of 2018

OccultHawk Reviews Southern States

A bird has a left wing and a right wing but they’re just for flapping. The bird brain is in the middle.
OccultHawk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 11:50 PM   #28 (permalink)
Put The Cult In Culture
 
Lucem Ferre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 3,206
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
Why are you so sensitive about racism? Are you a little light in your loafers or something?
Why are you not? Are you some kind of racist?
__________________
Quote:
Lucem, you're right, it's silly to talk about what I would or wouldn't do IRL. Glad you brought it up. Maybe you should write an instrumental about it. I recommend a piano paired with a clarinet. With ambient sounds of you hanging from your shower curtain you ****ing failure.

Art Is Dead. Buy My ****.
Lucem Ferre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 12:39 AM   #29 (permalink)
one-balled nipple jockey
 
OccultHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Dirty Souf Biatch
Posts: 13,523
Default

I’m some kind of racist, yes. An everyday run of the mill typical white racist, I guess.

I prefer whites, orientals, Jews, and Hispanics over blacks, south Asians, and middle easterners.

If I wasn’t white myself I’d put whites in the “like less” column. I try to take each individual on a personal basis but none-the-less I have a bias toward orientals, Jews, and Hispanics. In a nutshell South Asians just irritate me. Blacks are too ****ing loud. They never shut the **** up. And middle easterners believe retarded ****.

Oriental cultures are friendly, polite, and safe.

Jews never bothered me in the least. Every Jew I ever knew has been cool and smart.

Hispanics are trustworthy and friendly.

Every race has good and bad and I’ll freely admit my biases might be the result of complete cognitive dissonance. But for now that’s how I see it.

I hate the way so many white people pretend they’re on a crusade against racism. Worrying about racism is a trait pretty much unique to bourgeois westerners. Outside of North America and Western Europe nobody is in the least concerned about it.
__________________
2017 & 2018 Member of the Year Back2Back

Album Review Club (please join)

experimental music on Spotify worth checking out

FREAK FIGHTER JOURNAL (Awarded 2018 Journal of the Year)

free jazz 2018 thread

Drone/Ambient Releases of 2018

OccultHawk Reviews Southern States

A bird has a left wing and a right wing but they’re just for flapping. The bird brain is in the middle.
OccultHawk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 04:19 AM   #30 (permalink)
Put The Cult In Culture
 
Lucem Ferre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 3,206
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
I’m some kind of racist, yes. An everyday run of the mill typical white racist, I guess.

I prefer whites, orientals, Jews, and Hispanics over blacks, south Asians, and middle easterners.

If I wasn’t white myself I’d put whites in the “like less” column. I try to take each individual on a personal basis but none-the-less I have a bias toward orientals, Jews, and Hispanics. In a nutshell South Asians just irritate me. Blacks are too ****ing loud. They never shut the **** up. And middle easterners believe retarded ****.

Oriental cultures are friendly, polite, and safe.

Jews never bothered me in the least. Every Jew I ever knew has been cool and smart.

Hispanics are trustworthy and friendly.

Every race has good and bad and I’ll freely admit my biases might be the result of complete cognitive dissonance. But for now that’s how I see it.

I hate the way so many white people pretend they’re on a crusade against racism. Worrying about racism is a trait pretty much unique to bourgeois westerners. Outside of North America and Western Europe nobody is in the least concerned about it.
Shut your damn racist mouth/hand. Don't want to read your racist smut on this beautiful forum. Or I'll kill myself.
__________________
Quote:
Lucem, you're right, it's silly to talk about what I would or wouldn't do IRL. Glad you brought it up. Maybe you should write an instrumental about it. I recommend a piano paired with a clarinet. With ambient sounds of you hanging from your shower curtain you ****ing failure.

Art Is Dead. Buy My ****.
Lucem Ferre is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.