Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > Pop
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2014, 09:39 AM   #121 (permalink)
Mate, Spawn & Die
 
Janszoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Posts: 24,041
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
My point is that he wrote hits regardless of Manky disliking them.
So what? Maanky is clearly disagreeing with you about the quality of those songs, not whether or not they exist.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
i'm not gonna spend my life on music banter trying to convince people the earth is flat.
A Night in the Life of the Invisible Man

Time & Place

25 Albums You Should Hear Before the Moon Crashes into the Earth and We All Die


last.fm
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 09:47 AM   #122 (permalink)
A.B.N.
 
djchameleon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NY baby
Posts: 11,155
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
So what? Maanky is clearly disagreeing with you about the quality of those songs, not whether or not they exist.
You are adding nothing to this.

You are just repeating that we both disagree.

And?
__________________
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.


Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 10:13 AM   #123 (permalink)
Mate, Spawn & Die
 
Janszoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Posts: 24,041
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
You are adding nothing to this.

You are just repeating that we both disagree.

And?
I was pointing out that the issue of the guy having hits isn't really the basis of the debate.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
i'm not gonna spend my life on music banter trying to convince people the earth is flat.
A Night in the Life of the Invisible Man

Time & Place

25 Albums You Should Hear Before the Moon Crashes into the Earth and We All Die


last.fm
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 01:33 PM   #124 (permalink)
Dragon
 
Wpnfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Kansas, United States
Posts: 2,637
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla View Post
I will be hung to dry for this but I like Fix You and Princess Of China.
Princess of China is really really good. One of the best songs from that album for sure.
Wpnfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 01:56 PM   #125 (permalink)
David Hasselhoff
 
Paul Smeenus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Back in Portland, OR
Posts: 3,190
Default

There's worse than Coldplay but it'd be the likes of Creed or Nickelback
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by grindy View Post
Basically you're David Hasselhoff.
Gentle Giant Catalog Review

The entire Ditty Bops catalog reviewed
Paul Smeenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 04:01 PM   #126 (permalink)
The Big Dog
 
14232949's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Scotland
Posts: 1,948
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
I was pointing out that the issue of the guy having hits isn't really the basis of the debate.
Yeah, as Janz said. I don't deny he's managed to shift units. Hey, Bob the Builder managed to scoop two Number 1 singles over here at one point, doesn't make him an 'excellent songwriter'

I don't think we've got to the stage here where we're saying

commercial success = songwriting talent.
14232949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 04:56 PM   #127 (permalink)
A.B.N.
 
djchameleon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NY baby
Posts: 11,155
Default

Completely fine if you want to discredit him because you don't like the songs that he has written.

I still think there is something to be said for having numerous hits. If it was just one or two. Then you could just brush it off as a fluke like those bob the builder songs but that's not the case.
__________________
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.


Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 05:00 PM   #128 (permalink)
satan in the fire
 
Goofle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Miami is the place
Posts: 11,427
Default

You aren't having the same discussion it seems.

I like OneRepublic to be honest.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
[youtube]NUmCWGPgU7g[/url]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
[youtube]=LtYg1xz1A00[/youbube]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindfulness View Post
2. What was the strangest/best/worst party you ever went to?
Prolly a party I had with some people I know
Goofle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 05:30 PM   #129 (permalink)
Crazyyyyyy Train
 
Celladorina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 5,831
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wpnfire View Post
Princess of China is really really good. One of the best songs from that album for sure.


I feel like it has a little bit of originality to it, lyrics wise. Plus its a great song to jam to on the bus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Smeenus View Post
There's worse than Coldplay but it'd be the likes of Creed or Nickelback
We all know you love Nickelback.
Celladorina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 02:58 AM   #130 (permalink)
gimme gimme
 
misspoptart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: istanbul
Posts: 887
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wpnfire View Post
Just curious, are me and Briks the only ones on this entire site who like Coldplay?
I love Coldplay shamelessly.
misspoptart is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2020 Advameg, Inc.