Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > Pop
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2015, 10:46 AM   #61 (permalink)
Because I Am, I Can!
 
CoNtrivedNiHilism's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 1,128
Default

I can't take this b*tch seriously though. Seems to be another run of the mill pop diva cranking out repetitive, boring pop like a handful of others. I want to be proven wrong. So change my opinion Batty. Just know that I'm not even sure you actually like her music. But if you do, I'm not sure I want to take the trouble you give me anymore over some of the stuff I like haha.

I don't think my opinion of her can be changed. But give it a go if you want.
__________________
CoNtrivedNiHilism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 02:22 PM   #62 (permalink)
Zum Henker Defätist!!
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 42,076
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoNtrivedNiHilism View Post
I can't take this b*tch seriously though. Seems to be another run of the mill pop diva cranking out repetitive, boring pop like a handful of others. I want to be proven wrong. So change my opinion Batty. Just know that I'm not even sure you actually like her music. But if you do, I'm not sure I want to take the trouble you give me anymore over some of the stuff I like haha.

I don't think my opinion of her can be changed. But give it a go if you want.
You're not supposed to take her seriously, you numb nut. She's self consciously ridiculous. You're just supposed to sing along to it in your car when nobody's looking.

And she makes far better and more consistent pop music than pretty much all of her contemporaries, and her trashy-party-girl-to-the-nth-degree, white girl pseudo-rapping persona is a style all her own. I love that bitch.

Edit: Tell me this isn't the most gloriously awful yet catchy thing you've ever heard.


__________________
BRING ME THE HORIZON >>>> CHARLES MINGUS
i

Last edited by The Batlord; 07-27-2015 at 03:05 PM.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 10:15 AM   #63 (permalink)
Because I Am, I Can!
 
CoNtrivedNiHilism's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 1,128
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're not supposed to take her seriously, you numb nut. She's self consciously ridiculous. You're just supposed to sing along to it in your car when nobody's looking.

And she makes far better and more consistent pop music than pretty much all of her contemporaries, and her trashy-party-girl-to-the-nth-degree, white girl pseudo-rapping persona is a style all her own. I love that bitch.

Edit: Tell me this isn't the most gloriously awful yet catchy thing you've ever heard.


Nah, I just don't hear anything special man. I'm bored haha. She makes top 40 music, it's the same ****, even if it's better like you claim her music is than most of it. I'd prefer Lady Gaga over Ke$ha any day of the year, and I'm not even a fan of Lady Gaga.

Catchy doesn't make up for awful by the way. Something you need to eventually come to terms with about me is that I can't listen to something that lyrically is so nonsensical and plain awful, that my head hurts. I can't take Ke$ha seriously for that one reason, among many others about her. She doesn't even try because what she does put out is popular among music listeners, so it makes her money, it sells her records. She doesn't have to put in what I think is a whole lot of effort. She could put out a song of her just grunting or making noises in general to a catchy beat, and it'd sell millions on iTunes as a single. That's how ridiculous things are right now. The music I like can't be so simple in formula like what Ke$ha makes man, Linkin Park is about as simple as I'll go.
__________________

Last edited by CoNtrivedNiHilism; 07-28-2015 at 10:23 AM.
CoNtrivedNiHilism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 10:32 AM   #64 (permalink)
Former Vulpix
 
Ninetales's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: livin wild
Posts: 2,124
Default

making catchy music is hard. its making "complex" music thats easy as hell. just look at frown

simplicity is a virtue
Ninetales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 10:35 AM   #65 (permalink)
stay the |fvck| inside
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: North of Antarctica
Posts: 33,128
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninetales View Post
making catchy music is hard. its making "complex" music thats easy as hell. just look at frown

simplicity is a virtue
I think both simple and complex music are too diverse to claim one is easy and the other is hard. Catchiness is definitely difficult to nail though.
__________________
At a time like this, scorching irony, not convincing argument, is needed.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 10:36 AM   #66 (permalink)
Because I Am, I Can!
 
CoNtrivedNiHilism's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 1,128
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninetales View Post
making catchy music is hard. its making "complex" music thats easy as hell. just look at frown

simplicity is a virtue
I've never made music before so I can't argue against your point. And I am not against catchy music, think I should point that out. How making complex music is easier than making catchy music, that sort of doesn't make sense to me so I'm open to you explaining why you say it.
__________________
CoNtrivedNiHilism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 10:36 AM   #67 (permalink)
Former Vulpix
 
Ninetales's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: livin wild
Posts: 2,124
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
I think both simple and complex music are too diverse to claim one is easy and the other is hard. Catchiness is definitely difficult to nail though.
oh i know. i was just throwing a bit of shade like a cool cat
Ninetales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 10:40 AM   #68 (permalink)
stay the |fvck| inside
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: North of Antarctica
Posts: 33,128
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoNtrivedNiHilism View Post
I've never made music before so I can't argue against your point. And I am not against catchy music, think I should point that out. How making complex music is easier than making catchy music, that sort of doesn't make sense to me so I'm open to you explaining why you say it.
You can mash the keys on a piano creating polyrhythms and tone clusters that are much more complex than anything you'd ever hear on the radio even if it took no thought at all to do.
__________________
At a time like this, scorching irony, not convincing argument, is needed.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 10:47 AM   #69 (permalink)
Because I Am, I Can!
 
CoNtrivedNiHilism's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 1,128
Default

I'm gonna go make a song doing that and see if it pans out.
__________________
CoNtrivedNiHilism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 10:48 AM   #70 (permalink)
stay the |fvck| inside
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: North of Antarctica
Posts: 33,128
Default

Go for it, you could be the next Alexander von Schlippenbach!

No thread is safe from references to pretentious music.
__________________
At a time like this, scorching irony, not convincing argument, is needed.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads
  • Rules, Announcements, Suggestions, & Feedback Forum, 0 replies
  • New Rules, Song Writing, Lyrics and Poetry Forum, 21 replies
  • Rules, Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion Forum, 1 replies
  • The Rules of You and I, Thread Graveyard Forum, 4 replies



© 2003-2020 Advameg, Inc.