Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > Rap & Hip-Hop
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2013, 05:26 AM   #61 (permalink)
No Ice In My Bourbon
 
SoundgardenRocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: USA, USA, USA!
Posts: 1,443
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffy Kittens View Post
Me Against the World best song, dunno. That is his best album though, all the tracks are good.

Top 5: Trapped, Picture Me Rollin, Brenda, Do For Love (if you can count that), Can U Get Away

Didn't like his gangster persona, there were other rappers who did it better.
All Eyez on Me is pretty much the quintessential gangster album though.
SoundgardenRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 05:41 AM   #62 (permalink)
Acattin Sane
 
Fluff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: The Black Country
Posts: 8,382
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundgardenRocks View Post
All Eyez on Me is pretty much the quintessential gangster album though.
First thing that came to mind: NWA - Straight Outta Compton

You could also add Mobb Deep - The Infamous and Scarface - The Diary.
__________________
Fluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 08:00 AM   #63 (permalink)
No Ice In My Bourbon
 
SoundgardenRocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: USA, USA, USA!
Posts: 1,443
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffy Kittens View Post
First thing that came to mind: NWA - Straight Outta Compton

You could also add Mobb Deep - The Infamous and Scarface - The Diary.
Eh, I think the Diary is mad overrated. His first joint, "Mr Scarface Is Back" is a better "gangster" Scarface album than Diary imo and The Fix is also a better Scarface album.
SoundgardenRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 11:11 AM   #64 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Necromancer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 2,622
Default

My opinion is bias because 2Pac is one of my favorite. Next to The Beastie Boys.

Necromancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 03:12 AM   #65 (permalink)
Acattin Sane
 
Fluff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: The Black Country
Posts: 8,382
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundgardenRocks View Post
Eh, I think the Diary is mad overrated. His first joint, "Mr Scarface Is Back" is a better "gangster" Scarface album than Diary imo and The Fix is also a better Scarface album.
They were just the first ones that came to my head, I much prefer his 'softer' side tbh.

AEOM has too much filler on there cos he tried to hurry the three album deal with Death Row so he could make his own label. It has some great tracks on there though.

lol

I got Wu Tang Forever yday, think it was you who told me to get it. 1st track missing from the 2nd disc. FFS.
__________________
Fluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 07:02 AM   #66 (permalink)
No Ice In My Bourbon
 
SoundgardenRocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: USA, USA, USA!
Posts: 1,443
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffy Kittens View Post
They were just the first ones that came to my head, I much prefer his 'softer' side tbh.

AEOM has too much filler on there cos he tried to hurry the three album deal with Death Row so he could make his own label. It has some great tracks on there though.

lol

I got Wu Tang Forever yday, think it was you who told me to get it. 1st track missing from the 2nd disc. FFS.
Hmm, I've seen people claim that AEOM has too much filler but I honestly think most of it is solid material. The only filler I really think there is was "Whats Ya Phone #", but other than that, most of it is banging!

Yeah, Wu Tang Forever is great. What do you mean track 1 on disc 2 is missing? If it's an official copy it should be there. Is the disc scratched? On the bright side though, track 1 of disc 2 is only an intro.

What's your fav Scarface album btw?
SoundgardenRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 07:09 AM   #67 (permalink)
Acattin Sane
 
Fluff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: The Black Country
Posts: 8,382
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundgardenRocks View Post
Hmm, I've seen people claim that AEOM has too much filler but I honestly think most of it is solid material. The only filler I really think there is was "Whats Ya Phone #", but other than that, most of it is banging!
I liked it a lot at the time I first heard it (about 10 years ago maybe), but as I've got older I've liked it less. 2Pacalypse (even though people say he sounds like Ice Cube on this), MATW and 7 Day Theory are my favourites.

lol

Whats Ya Phone # is ****

Quote:
Yeah, Wu Tang Forever is great. What do you mean track 1 on disc 2 is missing? If it's an official copy it should be there. Is the disc scratched? On the bright side though, track 1 of disc 2 is only an intro.
I downloaded it, I'm OCD about my music collection though, I deleted Midnight Marauders without hearing that as track 1 wasn't on that either.

Quote:
What's your fav Scarface album btw?
The Diary, it's the only one I've heard all the way through.
__________________
Fluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 03:20 PM   #68 (permalink)
Groupie
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 9
Default

i couldnt help but download all his albums as soon as i got my comp fixed
Clifto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 05:21 AM   #69 (permalink)
No Ice In My Bourbon
 
SoundgardenRocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: USA, USA, USA!
Posts: 1,443
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffy Kittens View Post
I liked it a lot at the time I first heard it (about 10 years ago maybe), but as I've got older I've liked it less. 2Pacalypse (even though people say he sounds like Ice Cube on this), MATW and 7 Day Theory are my favourites.

lol

Whats Ya Phone # is ****



I downloaded it, I'm OCD about my music collection though, I deleted Midnight Marauders without hearing that as track 1 wasn't on that either.



The Diary, it's the only one I've heard all the way through.
Oh, well I guess I understand being OCD about music. Lol at deleting Midnight Marauders, haha! "I am on the front of your cover..."

Well you definitely need to check out the entirety of "Mr Scarface Is Back" and "The Fix". Damn good albums!
SoundgardenRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 04:48 AM   #70 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Deviouz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: With ur mama...
Posts: 299
Default

MATW over everything.
Deviouz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.