Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > Rock & Metal
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2006, 07:34 PM   #61 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Muzak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,050
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Music Man
You conveniently overlooked my other sources--All Music Guide, the Rock Hall of Fame, Wikipedia and the Grammy Music Awards. And the Rock Hall of Fame, Grammy Awards and Wikipedia are NOT magazines.
Well Wikipedia is a public encyclopedia, as in anyone can register and edit articles like that and make it say anything they want. I wouldn't really trust Wikipedia on such a debating topic as this one.
Muzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 07:43 PM   #62 (permalink)
isfckingdead
 
sleepy jack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 18,969
Default

^My point exactly.

Oh? Yes i admit i did attack rolling stone because you said it was in high regard, that site is crappy regardless of what you say. See there top 50 albums for proof. I believe i do have an intelligent arguement, about 5 people i know that know alot about metal all agree sabbath isn't metal. manowar, priest, maiden, heavy load, iced earth, amazing how they don't sound like the same sub genre as sabbath aye? Now compare other heavy metal acts to sabbath. Oh, and Ozzy doesn't count.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by METALLICA89 View Post
Ive seen you on muiltipul forums saying Metallica and slayer are the worst **** you kid go suck your **** while you listen to your ****ing emo **** I bet you do listen to emo music
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 07:46 PM   #63 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
riseagainstrocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: DC
Posts: 3,319
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Music Man
You conveniently overlooked my other sources--All Music Guide, the Rock Hall of Fame, Wikipedia and the Grammy Music Awards. And the Rock Hall of Fame, Grammy Awards and Wikipedia are NOT magazines.

Sorry, but your "appeal to ridicule" and attempt to "poison the well", are logical fallacies. You are trying to divert our attention away from the hard fact that you have no intelligent argument, or credible sources to support your opinion.

And as I stated previously, the burden of proof is clearly on YOU.
As I said to Urban, this is Metal as it stands now. We obviously disagree in Sabbath's standing as Heavy Metal or Doom/Stoner Rock. If, in time more evidence comes up to suggest something different to me than I shall edit my paper. But Alexisonfire has a valid point, you're not saying anything that includes sound. Simply quoting websites (albiet respected ones) won't win you points with me. However I am impressed by your eloquence. I hope this disagreement won't keep you from stating your obviously informed opinions.

and Muzak, I'm quite honored you like my Doom definition so much.
__________________
One note timeless, came out of nowhere...
riseagainstrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 07:48 PM   #64 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 202
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muzak
Well Wikipedia is a public encyclopedia, as in anyone can register and edit articles like that and make it say anything they want. I wouldn't really trust Wikipedia on such a debating topic as this one.
You conveniently failed to mention my other sources--All Music Guide, the Grammy Awards, the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame and Rolling Stone Magazine.

NONE of which are public sources where people can register and edit articles.

So your attempt to "poison the well" fails. You've still provided no credible sources to support your unsubstantiated opinion.
Music Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 07:50 PM   #65 (permalink)
isfckingdead
 
sleepy jack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 18,969
Default

So comparing sabbath to other heavy metal bands isn't a source at all? What do we have to do quote kerrang?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by METALLICA89 View Post
Ive seen you on muiltipul forums saying Metallica and slayer are the worst **** you kid go suck your **** while you listen to your ****ing emo **** I bet you do listen to emo music
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 07:51 PM   #66 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 202
Default

"Doom Metal" is merely a sub-genre of "Heavy Metal".

So anyone referring to Sabbath as "Doom Metal", is essentially admitting that they're Heavy Metal.

"Doom Metal" is METAL, as the name itself clearly states.
Music Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 07:57 PM   #67 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
riseagainstrocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: DC
Posts: 3,319
Default

I said Doom Rock. I called them nothing close to Doom Metal. My Dying Bride is Doom Metal.
__________________
One note timeless, came out of nowhere...
riseagainstrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 07:57 PM   #68 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 202
Default

THE METAL OBSERVER--Album Review:

"This album is a bloody masterpiece. This is the best album SABBATH has and will ever make. If you are after the ultimate Heavy Metal-guitar-riff then "Sabbath Bloody Sabbath" is that riff. Forget "Smoke On The Water", "Rock'n'Roll" and hell, even "Paranoid". They don't stand a chance. Evil, heavy, powerful. Awesome.

"Sabbath Bloody Sabbath" is the reason we listen to Heavy Metal-music."

http://www.metal-observer.com/articl...1&sid=1&id=271
Music Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 08:01 PM   #69 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
riseagainstrocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: DC
Posts: 3,319
Default

Evidence yes, but I never liked the Metal Observer to begin with. They gave Hate Eternal's - I,Monarch a 5/10. They know little.
__________________
One note timeless, came out of nowhere...
riseagainstrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 08:09 PM   #70 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 202
Default

No Life Til Metal.com:

"Black Sabbath (n.) 1. heavy metal!"

"Heavy metal is forever indebted to the Sabs!"

"The metal brilliance of Geezer, Ozzy, Tony Iommi and Bill Ward continues on this their fourth disc."

"What an impact these first four albums have had on metal, it's actually quite amazing. Perhaps this is the reason there are no less than 10 tribute cds to this band."

http://nolifetilmetal.com/blacksab.htm
Music Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.