Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > Rock & Metal
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2017, 11:26 AM   #71 (permalink)
Toasted Poster
 
Chula Vista's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: SoCal by way of Boston
Posts: 10,697
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
(1) Thinking that America is incapable of committing horrific domestic atrocities suggests that we are above and beyond basic human nature. (2) Did you ever think someone like Trump could be president? (3) Your points are meaningless in light of Batlord's overall stance.
1. Define "horrific domestic atrocities". You talking cops shooting unarmed people and getting away with murder? A nutbag shooting into a concert crowd and killing 50+ people? Millions of people going to bed hungry everynight because our politics are so ****ed up?

Or are you talking about our goverment using chemical weapons to silence millions of dissidents? Or maybe condeming all hard-core liberals to the ovens? Or better yet, death squads deployed to eliminate anyone in the country who can't trace back their US roots to at least a single grandparent?

Question Mister Moderator: In the last few pages I've been called "stupid", "arrogant", "braindead", and "idiotic".

Aren't their rules about name calling on this board?
__________________
Flame bait is a message posted to a public Internet discussion group with the intent of provoking an angry response or argument over a topic the "troll" often has no real interest in, and finds humor, or entertainment in reactions.
Chula Vista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 11:29 AM   #72 (permalink)
Komopingetmi
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Atop of the Throne
Posts: 31,432
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
1. Define "horrific domestic atrocities". You talking cops shooting unarmed people and getting away with murder? A nutbag shooting into a concert crowd and killing 50+ people? Millions of people going to bed hungry everynight because our politics are so ****ed up?
The Holocaust and any other atrocity that can happen.

Quote:
Or are you talking about our goverment using chemical weapons to silence millions of dissidents? Or maybe condeming all hard-core liberals to the ovens? Or better yet, death squads deployed to eliminate anyone in the country who can't trace back their US roots to at least a single grandparent?
That as well. The spark is present in all humanity, that is the point. We have not evolved past that point simply because of the current climate that can rapidly change and no longer be relevant.

Quote:
Question Mister Moderator: In the last few pages I've been called "stupid", "arrogant", "braindead", and "idiotic".

Aren't their rules about name calling on this board?
I was using your tactics in hopes that I can pound this simple concept into your skull, but you ought to try not living up to those adjectives so often. Thanks for fulfilling my request of not responding to any of the actual points though.
__________________
At a time like this, scorching irony, not convincing argument, is needed.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 11:49 AM   #73 (permalink)
Toasted Poster
 
Chula Vista's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: SoCal by way of Boston
Posts: 10,697
Default

Sigh.....

In the time since our European forefathers came over and decided to wipe out the natives in order to take over US soil, care to point to a "domestic atrocity" that equates to even one percentile of the horror that was the holocaust?

The US is a first world nation that HAS evolved beyond the bleak pictures you and Bat want to paint.

Unless there is a total collapse of all of our infrastruture (post nuclear war for example), we will never devolve to anywhere near 30s Germany.

And again, I'm agreeing with you both regrading our innate ability to kill to survive if necessary. I just don't see a scenario in our current social environment where a large enough group of US citizens would make a conscious and unified decision to exterminate another group of US citizens - like what happened during Nazi era Germany.

That's my opinion. I'm not stupid, arrogant, braindead, or idiotic. Stop stooping to those adjectives as a retort simply because you disagree with me.

Glass half full = glass half empty.
__________________
Flame bait is a message posted to a public Internet discussion group with the intent of provoking an angry response or argument over a topic the "troll" often has no real interest in, and finds humor, or entertainment in reactions.
Chula Vista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 11:52 AM   #74 (permalink)
Komopingetmi
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Atop of the Throne
Posts: 31,432
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
And again, I'm agreeing with you both regrading our innate ability to kill to survive if necessary.
You have not demonstrated this or at least you have not demonstrated that you agree on the lengths that people will go to preserve comfort.

Quote:
I just don't see a scenario in our current social environment where a large enough group of US citizens would make a conscious and unified decision to exterminate another group of US citizens - like what happened during Nazi era Germany.
And doot doot doot doot that's not ****ing relevant to the actual point because things are capable of changing. Capieche?

Quote:
That's my opinion. I'm not stupid, arrogant, braindead, or idiotic. Stop stooping to those adjectives as a retort simply because you disagree with me.
I only do it when you do (except for when I said you were too stupid to see that people are too stupid to see how stupid they are, that was just me being hilarious as usual), so show me how it's done and I'll follow suit.
__________________
At a time like this, scorching irony, not convincing argument, is needed.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 01:42 PM   #75 (permalink)
Toasted Poster
 
Chula Vista's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: SoCal by way of Boston
Posts: 10,697
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
You have not demonstrated this.
Enter my sphere and I'll happily shoot you in the face.

Might do your "beard" some good.

Dude, I'm all about the possible end of days. I fully understand that enormous **** can hit the fan in a heartbeat. I just currently consider that scenario as an extreme outlier here in the USA.

BUT:

I have enough food, water, and other necessaties to last about a month for me, Linny, and Mike. And the pets. After a month we'll simply go Z-Nation.

I have an axe, workboots, a full set of tools, and industrial gloves. PS: Don't ever try picking thru shards of glass with bare hands.

I have a battery operated AM radio, a six pack of LED lanterns, a few flashlights, and a case of batteries to keep them all running.

Not exactly on point with what we're discussing. Just wanted to put it out there.

I'm a thousand miles removed from naive.

But you already know that. Right?
__________________
Flame bait is a message posted to a public Internet discussion group with the intent of provoking an angry response or argument over a topic the "troll" often has no real interest in, and finds humor, or entertainment in reactions.
Chula Vista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 01:44 PM   #76 (permalink)
Komopingetmi
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Atop of the Throne
Posts: 31,432
Default

Because naive people are so self aware .

This is an abstract discussion. Nobody gives a **** about your individual emergency plans. The fact that you're still harping on these irrelevant points show that you're either incapable of or not interested in understanding Batlord's point so why don't you just go and write down "everything is and will always be ok" to make yourself feel better after such a meanie discussion as this.
__________________
At a time like this, scorching irony, not convincing argument, is needed.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 01:52 PM   #77 (permalink)
Toasted Poster
 
Chula Vista's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: SoCal by way of Boston
Posts: 10,697
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
Because naive people are so self aware.
Now I'm naive. OK. Just another lame retort.

Quote:
This is an abstract discussion.
I'll bow out then. I prefer summary discussions.

But you drown in pretense all you want.
__________________
Flame bait is a message posted to a public Internet discussion group with the intent of provoking an angry response or argument over a topic the "troll" often has no real interest in, and finds humor, or entertainment in reactions.
Chula Vista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 01:57 PM   #78 (permalink)
Komopingetmi
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Atop of the Throne
Posts: 31,432
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
Now I'm naive. OK. Just another lame retort.
Point was that I'm not just going to stop thinking you're naive because you say you're not, so saying that you're 1000 miles away from being naive is pretty pointless. You need to *clears throat* demonstrate it.

Quote:
I'll bow out then. I prefer summary discussions.

But you drown in pretense all you want.
Basically "I don't want to talk to a bunch of annoying dorks anyway!" Glad you're showing me that high road.
__________________
At a time like this, scorching irony, not convincing argument, is needed.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 02:03 PM   #79 (permalink)
All day jazz and biscuits
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 39,350
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
Sigh.....

In the time since our European forefathers came over and decided to wipe out the natives in order to take over US soil, care to point to a "domestic atrocity" that equates to even one percentile of the horror that was the holocaust?

The US is a first world nation that HAS evolved beyond the bleak pictures you and Bat want to paint.

Unless there is a total collapse of all of our infrastruture (post nuclear war for example), we will never devolve to anywhere near 30s Germany.

And again, I'm agreeing with you both regrading our innate ability to kill to survive if necessary. I just don't see a scenario in our current social environment where a large enough group of US citizens would make a conscious and unified decision to exterminate another group of US citizens - like what happened during Nazi era Germany.

That's my opinion. I'm not stupid, arrogant, braindead, or idiotic. Stop stooping to those adjectives as a retort simply because you disagree with me.

Glass half full = glass half empty.
Nobody is talking about that so why do you keep bringing it up? It's completely irrelevant.
__________________
BRING ME THE HORIZON >>>> CHARLES MINGUS
i
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 02:10 PM   #80 (permalink)
Ask me how!
 
Oriphiel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: The States
Posts: 5,060
Default

Can you guys please take this conversation to Kiiii's profile page?
__________________
----------------------
|---Mic's Albums---|
----------------------
-----------------------------
|---Deafbox Industries---|
-----------------------------
Oriphiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.