Blank Does Whatever He Damn Well Pleases - Music Banter Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The MB Reader > Members Journal
Register Blogging Today's Posts
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Old 07-04-2018, 12:03 PM   #491 (permalink)
Zum Henker Defätist!!

I'm ten-feet-tall though so I can still rupture your mother.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 12:05 PM   #492 (permalink)
Key

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I'm ten-feet-tall though so I can still rupture your mother.
The 600 Pound Man, featuring my mom and The Batlord as the 600 Pound Man.
Key is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 12:49 PM   #493 (permalink)
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiiii View Post
The 600 Pound Man, featuring my mom and The Batlord as the 600 Pound Man.
You got it all wrong, boy. Your mom is the 600£ Woman cause that's what I paid her.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
Old 07-04-2018, 01:02 PM   #494 (permalink)
Key

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You got it all wrong, boy. Your mom is the 600£ Woman cause that's what I paid her.
I knew you liked em cheap.
Key is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 01:22 PM   #495 (permalink)
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiiii View Post
I knew you liked em cheap.
We don't all have UPS money to throw at gutter sluts.
Old 07-12-2018, 12:31 PM   #496 (permalink)
one-balled nipple jockey

2016 2017 2018 2019 2020

Member of the Year & Journal of the Year Champion

Behold the Writing of THE LEGEND:

https://www.musicbanter.com/members-...p-lighter.html

OccultHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 05:09 AM   #497 (permalink)
one-balled nipple jockey

2016 2017 2018 2019 2020

Old 08-04-2018, 01:29 PM   #498 (permalink)
one-balled nipple jockey

2016 2017 2018 2019 2020

Old 09-10-2018, 12:19 PM   #499 (permalink)
Jacob Sartorius

The History of Pro Wrestling as told by Blank.

Chapter 1: The Origin Story: Catch-as-Catch-Can Wrestling

There isn't much to say about Catch wrestling. It's a style of wrestling in which all holds are permitted. Catch wrestling is often credited and seen as the start of what would become pro wrestling. Though the sport was a real athletic competition while it's child, pro wrestling, is a scripted item.

Catch wrestling was often used as a circus side show and went from place to place. The competition lacked rules as a way to allow wrestlers of multiple different styles could compete against eachother to discover who had the best style. In a sense it was the original MMA. The final catch practitioners would actual play a crucial role in the creation of MMA.

The artform is pretty much dead in modern times. The people who were tought it all changed styles to a more advanced modern version. Much of the original catch wrestling techniques have slowly been removed from pro wrestling and their parts in MMA have been replaced with modern more effective techniques.

If you are interested in seeing what catch wrestling probably would have looked like, I'll suggest checking out the Pancrase matches of Minoru Suzuki. Suzuki was trained by Karl Gotch whom was one of the final true catch wrestling practitioners. Though Suzuki's MMA matches are still not exact replicas of what early catch wrestling would have looked like.
Blank. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 11:36 PM   #500 (permalink)
Jacob Sartorius

The History of Pro Wrestling as told by Blank.

Chapter 2: Fixing a Sport: How Wrestling Became Predetermined

Pro Wrestling became fixed by three men. Professional wrestler Ed "Strangler" Lewis, his manager Billy Sandow, and creative visionary Toots Mondt (all of them were wrestlers, but only Lewis was a wrestler during the years it became fixed). The three would be called The Gold Dust Trio.

Ed Lewis was an exceptional wrestler. One of the best ever. He was so good that he could defeat anyone in the ring. In the 1920s Sandow was looking for a new Sparring partner to train with Lewis. Fellow pro wrestler Toots Mondt would be hired to fill this role.

Catch Wrestling was in a decline of popularity since Frank Gotch, the first pro wrestling superstar. Fans were tired of the deliberately slow pace of the matches.

That's when Mondt came up with Slam Bang Western Style Wrestling. Mondt would include in this aspects of boxing and other contact sports. He would also invent radical new moves like body slams, suplexes, and more. Mondt would also begin and perfect the art of the finish, the scripted end to a match.

The combination of Lewis' star-power and wrestling prowess, Sandow's business savvy practices, and Mondt's creative vision for wrestling would quickly take over professional wrestling and become the standard for the scene.

The group would dissolve in 1928 but would leave a lasting impression on the sport that still persists to this very day.
Blank. is offline   Reply With Quote