Thrash Metal Album Club - Music Banter Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > Rock & Metal
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Old 09-17-2018, 08:57 PM   #11 (permalink)
Zum Henker Defätist!!

If a record gives me a surge of aggression then it's good. If not then they should have stayed home. I can talk all day about what's good about this or that band but that all comes after the bottom line.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 09:35 PM   #12 (permalink)
Softest Bullet Ever Shot

Oldie but goldie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
I don't want to rec you anything, I want you to stop posting actually
windsock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 09:42 PM   #13 (permalink)
one-balled nipple jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66Sexy View Post
Alright four members after like four days seems about as good as we're gonna get unless we can get this up and running so let's just get started. You've all been added in order so Unitron needs to put up an album to be listened to by next Saturday and we'll do that for next week. This week we'll do mine cause **** ya'll.

Oh yeah and when you post an album also post a link so we don't have to scour the internet for a link from a sketchy Russian social media site. Preferably from Spotify cause so many people here are bandwagon-hopping losers but if not then Youtube is fine. If you can't find it on Youtube then you might need to find a different album. Plenty of people here for some reason refuse to download cause they think metal blogs are out to molest their hard drives.

Invocator - Excursion Demise

https://open.spotify.com/album/6b1uV6MbB7pyik29vNi9Nu

This had moments where it seemed like it was going to get real level creepy but then just didn’t. The little snippets of acoustic is interesting - all the abrupt and tight time signature (or whatever) changes show intense technical ability but that’s saying my screwdriver is good because it has a lot of vodka. The solos are proficient and aggressive but it’s still middle of the road in a very crowded genre.

I like the album cover.

2016 2017 2018 2019 2020

Member of the Year & Journal of the Year Champion

Behold the Writing of THE LEGEND:

https://www.musicbanter.com/members-...p-lighter.html

OccultHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 02:37 PM   #14 (permalink)
Do good.

Hey I know I’m late, but I’m in. I’m about to go to the gym so I’ll give it a listen.
Blarobbarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 02:47 PM   #15 (permalink)
Prepare 4 the Fight Scene

I guess I can join.

As for Invocator it shreds, pretty much constantly, but lacks memorability. It's just about the sickest thing while you're listening to it but oddly afterward you can't recall much even if every single riff was fire. Some redundance.

*epic guitar solo blasts into my face*

DAMN IT MONDO
Mondo Bungle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 02:48 PM   #16 (permalink)
Prepare 4 the Fight Scene

my pick

Expander - Endless Computer

https://open.spotify.com/album/3sNcLVgumLwamSBmqkJdS2

*epic guitar solo blasts into my face*

DAMN IT MONDO
Mondo Bungle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 07:02 AM   #17 (permalink)
Do good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66Sexy View Post
Instead of throwing a wide net to listen to everything under the sun let's indulge in some genre myopia and stick to one thing. So we're gonna listen to a bunch of thrash metal. New albums, cult albums, underrated albums, established albums, whatever. So long as they're thrash. And please please please when you recommend an album also post a link to that album, preferably Spotify but Youtube is fine as a second choice.

So whoever wants to sign up can do so and we'll do a first-come-first-serve rec system. That's how these things usually go, right?

Member List

66Sexy
Unitron
SoundgardenRocks
Kiiii

Current Album

Invocator - Excursion Demise

https://open.spotify.com/album/6b1uV6MbB7pyik29vNi9Nu

Well I listened. I'll spare going on about it, as others have already summed up my feelings: it's totally rad in the moment, completely forgettable after it's off. It's not a bad record, there's just not much that makes it stand out from the glut of somewhat-technical thrash bands that filled the scene.

So now do I post my own album or nah? I'm a little confused as to how this works.
Old 09-19-2018, 07:09 AM   #18 (permalink)
Zum Henker Defätist!!

You can post your album if you want but you don't need to until your turn is coming up. We don't have that many members atm to worry about getting your post lost in a deluge so whatevs.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
Old 09-19-2018, 07:14 AM   #19 (permalink)
Zum Henker Defätist!!

And I basically agree with everybody. It's a solid 7 record with top tier riffs here and there and better than average throughout but it's not one that sticks in my mind. It has a place in my heart though cause it put me on a tech thrash kick that made me realize how awesome a sub-genre it was and when I'm in the mood it's one of the first I'll throw on. The opener is definitely near god-tier though.
Old 09-19-2018, 08:05 AM   #20 (permalink)
Do good.

And this is my choice for whenever my turn is. It rips.

Oxygen Destroyer, Bestial Manifestations of Malevolence and Death (2018)

https://open.spotify.com/album/27MqN...RJGFfsd90_noCQ