Why do you like Country? - Music Banter Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > Country, Folk & World Music
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Old 12-30-2018, 10:46 PM   #451 (permalink)
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by peavey_hermann
Because I got bored playing rock. Country guitar is a real challenge, its fun, and I grew up on rockabilly anyway.
I didnt used to like country back when it was actual country. (Not this country rock crap)

Now I love traditional analogue country music!!!!!!!!

Conway Twitty,David Houston,etc........
Dude111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 05:48 AM   #452 (permalink)
Aficionado of Fine Filth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
I didnt used to like country back when it was actual country. (Not this country rock crap)

Now I love traditional analogue country music!!!!!!!!

Conway Twitty,David Houston,etc........

Conway Twitty - When You're Cool (The Sun Shines All the Time) [1990]

She's a Brick House
Psy-Fi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 08:24 PM   #453 (permalink)
Music Addict

Smile Why Do you Like Country?

I've occasionally flirted with country. When I have, it's been for Dwight Yoakum, Travis Tritt, and Mary Chapin Carpenter

Also ran:

And, last but not least: a throwback sound, but with new mixed in (he's wonderful whether or not you like country):

Without Music I Would Perish,
The Actor In Me Would Die"

..Dhanush
Karengirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 07:04 PM   #454 (permalink)
Just Keep Swimming...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karengirl View Post
I've occasionally flirted with country. When I have, it's been for Dwight Yoakum, Travis Tritt, and Mary Chapin Carpenter
New Dwight (well, from 2012 anyway) is really good if you haven't heard any of it yet.

Here's a small example. This is a great song in itself, but the lap steel that comes in (played by Brian Whelan), especially towards the end, cuts right to my soul:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CbtgZjGx90

If you're a Dwight fan like I am, I highly recommend the entire album. He does most of the guitar work on it, which is a bit out of the norm. Pete Anderson (his old guitar player) was another reason I started listening to his stuff, but this album is more singer/songwriter oriented.
Old 01-04-2019, 02:27 PM   #455 (permalink)
Music Addict

Smile

Thanks Plankton-
For recognizing and addressing me (and not in a negative way, as I've seen done to other members).

Not so much into country or singer/songwriter biz, as usually too angst-ridden or lovelorn for me. (And, I know Gary Allen's Smoke Rings' is in keeping with that). I guess I posted here, mainly b/c anywhere else I'm finding lots metal-based or obscure 80s punk, and I came to mb as another means of finding new (or new to me) music.

Thanks again.

Without Music I Would Perish,
The Actor In Me Would Die"

..Dhanush
Karengirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 04:24 PM   #456 (permalink)
Just Keep Swimming...

Okalee dokalee
Old 02-14-2019, 02:19 AM   #457 (permalink)
Groupie

I'm originally from the Canadian prairies, and country is pretty pretty ingrained in life there. So, even though I didn't listen to much growing up I had an appreciation for it and eventually got into it. As I've moved around abroad it also carries a measure of homesick nostalgia (which is a damned fitting role for country to play). But, other than that fluffy ****, It's an amazing story-telling music which is often overlooked.

One of the coolest things I've come across in music is that if you pay attention to the lyrics, these three tracks are all telling the same story either from different perspectives or extending it from Jolene. Epic ****.

Atomica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 06:23 AM   #458 (permalink)
Mord

The perfect country and western song

LetsTalkMusic
Zhanteimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2021, 03:13 AM   #459 (permalink)
Music Addict

We can all relate to the stories being told, all of us have been there and done that.
Avante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2021, 03:11 PM   #460 (permalink)
killedmyraindog

Quote:
Originally Posted by boskie View Post
Lets watch some Indy car John boy, and listen to some a our Willy Chestnut albums, then lets bum hump a porcupine ! Ok lets face it, if you like country music, there is a good chance you are from Wyoming, or just got out on parole, and who cares which one it is, we know your life as a Duke fan sucks. I have nothing against country music, except that my aunt in hillbilly Harrison, Michigan made me listen to it once, and I vomited in my new Lexus, or that all her kids who listen to that crap look like autistic bastards from the 1950, no I hate your mullets, your banjo’s and you possum stew, your sister/wife, I hate everything country but Shaiah Twains sweet ass.
In case this guy occasionally checks in, Porcupine's are a cold-weather northern North American animal. While they can live in Wyoming, they're not native to any of the formerly Confederate States.