Music Banter - View Single Post - Favorite Soul and R&B Artists from the(90's) Nineties
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2013, 12:31 PM   #25 (permalink)
Gavin B.
Model Worker

Seal's 1991 debut album (when he still wore dreadlocks) was awesome. His subsequent albums were a bit too subdued and mainstream for my taste.

Neneh Cherry was a huge influence on trip-hop groups like Massive Attack and Portishead and she's still making very forward thinking R&B/Electronic music.

TLC was always a guilty pleasure for me in the 90s but their music has stood the test of time over the years.

Terence Trent D'Arby's 1987 debut, The Hardline, was a favorite album of mine for many years. He spent most of the 90s in a dispute with his record label which resulted in him releasing very little new music during that decade. He's still making music and has released three excellent albums since 2001.

I still love the indie hip hop groups of the 90s like P.M. Dawn, Digable Planets, Arrested Development, Us3, De La Soul, and A Tribe Called Quest.

This black and white cinéma vérité video of the song Where I'm From (embedded below) by Digable Planets is my favorite video of the 90s:

Last edited by Gavin B.; 10-22-2013 at 12:38 PM.
Gavin B. is offline   Reply With Quote