Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge > Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2016, 11:10 AM   #11 (permalink)
i hate the new last fm
 
pansy gayboy 69's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: falafel
Posts: 846
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwertyy View Post
The same camera I use for my dick pics ha ha ha you feel me?
OHHHH that camera. ok everything makes sense now.
pansy gayboy 69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 11:13 AM   #12 (permalink)
i hate the new last fm
 
pansy gayboy 69's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: falafel
Posts: 846
Default



its FLAT i been to the edge almost fell over too
pansy gayboy 69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 11:14 AM   #13 (permalink)
Not one of the good ones
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: San Marcos, CA
Posts: 16,101
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
Actually, the Flat Earth Hypothesis has nothing to do with religion. It is based on observation, which is science. It is also based on observation (science) that Geocentrists (Flat Earthers) have debunked the Heliocentric Model (Globe Model) and proved it to be impossible.

One key to the approaching this properly is understanding that if the Earth is flat, the fact that we all think it's a ball is the result of the greatest lie ever told. The ramifications of that range from government coverups to the obsolescence of theories such as that of Gravity and Relativity.

This can't be covered in a couple of posts, so creating questions or arguments which are more specific than "because science says so" will be more enriching.
Go for it.
Frownland is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 11:45 AM   #14 (permalink)
Mate, Spawn & Die
 
Janszoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Posts: 22,442
Default

PAN, you were once one of MB's greatest fonts of crackpot theories but in your absence others have taken your place. Put your name on the wait list and we'll consider you for a position if one becomes available.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
i'm not gonna spend my life on music banter trying to convince people the earth is flat.
A Night in the Life of the Invisible Man

Time & Place

25 Albums You Should Hear Before the Moon Crashes into the Earth and We All Die


last.fm

Last edited by Janszoon; 06-15-2016 at 04:20 PM.
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 02:01 PM   #15 (permalink)
V8s & 12 Bars
 
EPOCH6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: British Columbia
Posts: 794
Default

I don't recognize this poster, so I'm not sure if he's trolling from the get go, but if you have actually prepared yourself to defend Flat Earth theories I'd be interested in hearing the Flat Earth explanations for the following:

- Lunar eclipses and the phases of the moon.

- The spherical appearance of other planets, the sun, and the moon when viewed from Earth. Is Earth uniquely flat? Are other planets flat as well and we are somehow viewing the flat sides directly from a top-down perspective?

- Do Flat Earth theories have their own gravitational theory? Is Earth in a fixed position at the center/bottom of the universe with the rest of the Cosmos drifting around above it rather than orbiting around it? If so, why is Earth fixed while everything else moves above it?

- Is Antarctica a giant ice wall that borders the Flat Earth rather than its own continent? Are maps of Antarctica and satellite imagery of the continent fake? Many people have traveled to the South Pole, where is the South Pole on a Flat Earth map?

- The layers of the Earth. Crust, mantle, outer core, inner core. Is the Flat Earth core spherical or some other shape? Or is there no core in the Flat Earth theory?

- Does Flat Earth theory discount all distant satellite imagery of Earth? Is it all fake/doctored?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbycob View Post
There's 3 reason why the Rolling Stones are better. I'm going to list them here. 1. Jimi Hendrix from Rolling Stones was a better guitarist then Jimmy Page 2. The bassist from Rolling Stones isn't dead 3. Rolling Stobes wrote Stairway to Heaven and The Ocean so we all know they are superior here.
EPOCH6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 04:00 PM   #16 (permalink)
on a music odyssey
 
Mordor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Tokyo
Posts: 2,399
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwertyy View Post
So in your theory how come no one has ever "fallen" off the Earth. I mean, if it was flat, that shit would be happening every day.
Flat Earthers believe Antarctica surrounds the earth, so no one can cross it to fall off.
__________________
"Use every man after his desert, and who shall 'scape whipping?"
Mordor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 04:28 PM   #17 (permalink)
DO LIKE YOU.
 
P A N's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 631
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPOCH6 View Post
I don't recognize this poster, so I'm not sure if he's trolling from the get go, but if you have actually prepared yourself to defend Flat Earth theories I'd be interested in hearing the Flat Earth explanations for the following:

- Lunar eclipses and the phases of the moon.

- The spherical appearance of other planets, the sun, and the moon when viewed from Earth. Is Earth uniquely flat? Are other planets flat as well and we are somehow viewing the flat sides directly from a top-down perspective?

- Do Flat Earth theories have their own gravitational theory? Is Earth in a fixed position at the center/bottom of the universe with the rest of the Cosmos drifting around above it rather than orbiting around it? If so, why is Earth fixed while everything else moves above it?

- Is Antarctica a giant ice wall that borders the Flat Earth rather than its own continent? Are maps of Antarctica and satellite imagery of the continent fake? Many people have traveled to the South Pole, where is the South Pole on a Flat Earth map?

- The layers of the Earth. Crust, mantle, outer core, inner core. Is the Flat Earth core spherical or some other shape? Or is there no core in the Flat Earth theory?

- Does Flat Earth theory discount all distant satellite imagery of Earth? Is it all fake/doctored?
"

-Flat Earthers don't claim to know what's in space. We think it's a clock, and that the moon is self-luminous. What causes eclipses is moot, as it's not relevant to debunk the globe. To think it is means your brain is working on the basis of a fallacy of division.

-Flat Earthers - usually - believe the Earth is the center of creation, that the sky revolves around it. What's up there is fairly mysterious to us, which we're okay with, but we tend not believe they are infinitely burning balls of fire.

-Gravity does not exist. It is the most prevalent theory of course, but there is no evidence of its existence beyond the "proof" that we're not falling off a ball. Coincidentally, we need gravity to not fall off the ball. if this strikes you as odd, just try to find proof of gravity. Instead of gravity (which we only need to stick to the ball), Flat Earthers believe in electromagnetism and density, which are very easily testable and exist everywhere. There is up and down, in the Flat Earth Theory, and it's as simple as that.

-Yes. Antarctica is an ice wall which encircles the Earth. There is no south pole. There is a north pole at the center of the map, which makes south appear to exist as the opposite of it. Researching any public expeditions to the south pole will show that there is a "Ceremonial Pole" where you can go and take a selfie. You can't find the true south pole, and they claim this is because the Earth is wobbling.

-Also yes. All photos of a spherical Earth are fake. All independent balloons (reaching altitudes of 120,000feet) show a flat horizon.

Decent questions.
__________________
Earth is flat.
P A N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 04:29 PM   #18 (permalink)
DO LIKE YOU.
 
P A N's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 631
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
PAN, you were once one of MB's greatest fonts of crackpot theories but in your absence others have taken your place. Put your name on the wait list and we'll consider you for a position if one becomes available.
And you, I see, still spewing your vitriol, poisoning that well in favour of posing arguments or questions.
__________________
Earth is flat.
P A N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 04:42 PM   #19 (permalink)
Mate, Spawn & Die
 
Janszoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Posts: 22,442
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
And you, I see, still spewing your vitriol, poisoning that well in favour of posing arguments or questions.
I wouldn't call a joke "vitriol" but whatever. Tell me about this clock we live in.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
i'm not gonna spend my life on music banter trying to convince people the earth is flat.
A Night in the Life of the Invisible Man

Time & Place

25 Albums You Should Hear Before the Moon Crashes into the Earth and We All Die


last.fm
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 05:08 PM   #20 (permalink)
Mate, Spawn & Die
 
Janszoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Posts: 22,442
Default

Just noticed this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
-Gravity does not exist. It is the most prevalent theory of course, but there is no evidence of its existence beyond the "proof" that we're not falling off a ball. Coincidentally, we need gravity to not fall off the ball. if this strikes you as odd, just try to find proof of gravity. Instead of gravity (which we only need to stick to the ball), Flat Earthers believe in electromagnetism and density, which are very easily testable and exist everywhere. There is up and down, in the Flat Earth Theory, and it's as simple as that.
I thought it was a funny claim considering the fairly recent news about the first detections of gravitational waves. In fact, this happened to be in the news today: Gravitational Waves From Colliding Black Holes Shake Scientists' Detectors Again : The Two-Way : NPR
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
i'm not gonna spend my life on music banter trying to convince people the earth is flat.
A Night in the Life of the Invisible Man

Time & Place

25 Albums You Should Hear Before the Moon Crashes into the Earth and We All Die


last.fm
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
conspiracy, flat earth, science, theology

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



2003-2016 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.