Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > Indie & Alternative
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2008, 04:51 PM   #1 (permalink)
pro-wuss
 
CaptainSuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Cornwall, NY
Posts: 110
Send a message via AIM to CaptainSuck
Default Blatant Moldy Peaches ripoff

Wow, I came this close to vomiting. An Atlantica commercial just played with the exact vocal patterns/tradeoffs and melody as The Moldy Peaches' now signature tune "Anyone Else But You".
Juno further cheapens the current music scene by introducing "novelty" acts to scene kids. Ugh.
CaptainSuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 05:01 PM   #2 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,774
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainSuck View Post
Wow, I came this close to vomiting. An Atlantica commercial just played with the exact vocal patterns/tradeoffs and melody as The Moldy Peaches' now signature tune "Anyone Else But You".
Juno further cheapens the current music scene by introducing "novelty" acts to scene kids. Ugh.
Excatly how I feel about Juno. I just wish Juno had never existed.
Farfisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 07:49 PM   #3 (permalink)
animal found toast
 
dreadnaught's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,560
Default

You could say that about any "indie" inspired movie. Look at what Zach Braff did for The Shins. Besides, Kimya Dawson is probably pretty damn pleased with the Juno soundtrack, I'm sure her iTunes download count quadrupled since it's release.
__________________
dreadnaught is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 09:12 PM   #4 (permalink)
pro-wuss
 
CaptainSuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Cornwall, NY
Posts: 110
Send a message via AIM to CaptainSuck
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComingUpRoses View Post
You could say that about any "indie" inspired movie. Look at what Zach Braff did for The Shins. Besides, Kimya Dawson is probably pretty damn pleased with the Juno soundtrack, I'm sure her iTunes download count quadrupled since it's release.
On one hand, I think its great that these artists are getting recognition for their innovation and willingness to push the envelope. On the other hand, sitting directly in the center of a blossoming scene is grotesque for just about everyone who was there from the start.
Music's been so developmentally stagnant for so long it's easy to forget what it's like to have your intimate "friends" fall with the in-crowd.
CaptainSuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 09:17 PM   #5 (permalink)
isfckingdead
 
sleepy jack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 18,969
Default

I don't think Kimya Dawson is the kind of person to care if she no longer has "indie cred" because she was part of an awesome soundtrack for a good movie. I don't see how the Moldy Peaches are a novelty act for scene kids though...
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by METALLICA89 View Post
Ive seen you on muiltipul forums saying Metallica and slayer are the worst **** you kid go suck your **** while you listen to your ****ing emo **** I bet you do listen to emo music
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 09:18 PM   #6 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Billy_Martin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: I am Canadian (Texas)
Posts: 91
Send a message via AIM to Billy_Martin
Default

You Juno haters need to calm down... Whats wrong with a basically unknown artist making a little money off of a fantastic movie? You can't help the people buying the soundtrack or song.

No one got mad Dennis Hopper for exposing the world to Steppenwolf when he complied the music for the Easy Rider soundtrack.
__________________
Billy_Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 09:23 PM   #7 (permalink)
isfckingdead
 
sleepy jack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 18,969
Default

Oh I also don't see how The Moldy Peaches being ripped off by Atlantica is now Juno's fault. Christ now I know why boo boo gets so fed up with this hipster bullshit.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by METALLICA89 View Post
Ive seen you on muiltipul forums saying Metallica and slayer are the worst **** you kid go suck your **** while you listen to your ****ing emo **** I bet you do listen to emo music
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 07:48 AM   #8 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
boo boo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Where the buffalo roam.
Posts: 12,129
Send a message via AIM to boo boo
Default

Ah Juno. What an annoying bitch.

She calls Sonic Youth crap and through the whole movie plays all this dull twee pop crap I can't stand. Paulie should have dumped that bitch yo.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 09:15 AM   #9 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,774
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy_Martin View Post
You Juno haters need to calm down... Whats wrong with a basically unknown artist making a little money off of a fantastic movie?
No its's not that I don't want people to listen to those artists because of a movie. It's the scenekids that I'm not happy with, all they ****ing do is rip off the music scene and call it their own.

ps. If this doesn't make sense then it's probably because I've ben up 2 days straight because I can't get any sleep.
pss. You guessed it.....I'm super paranoid.

Last edited by Farfisa; 05-06-2008 at 09:20 AM.
Farfisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 09:34 AM   #10 (permalink)
nothing
 
mr dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: everywhere
Posts: 4,290
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by loose_lips_sink_ships View Post
No its's not that I don't want people to listen to those artists because of a movie. It's the scenekids that I'm not happy with, all they ****ing do is rip off the music scene and call it their own.
and that's different from what your generation did to mine how?
__________________
i am the universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandteacher1 View Post
I type whicked fast,
http://www.myspace.com/wallofpanda (updated 06/28/09-ish)
mr dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



2014 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.