Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > Rap & Hip-Hop
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2004, 04:00 PM   #11 (permalink)
Hip Hop Fiend
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 135
Default

^^^Some of them aren't "classics", and your missing NY State of Mind pt. 2, and Favor for a Favor. Still, it is his worst album yet. Listen to his other albums, do your homework, then you will know why i say that it is his worst album yet.
Ante_Up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2004, 01:18 AM   #12 (permalink)
Management
 
Rockafella Skank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 609
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ante_Up
^^^Some of them aren't "classics", and your missing NY State of Mind pt. 2, and Favor for a Favor. Still, it is his worst album yet. Listen to his other albums, do your homework, then you will know why i say that it is his worst album yet.
Hahaha. Do my homework? I'm very well versed in hip-hop. Thanks! I don't only make my own, but I've been listening to it for over 10 years now. Adding those two songs helps my point even more than "I Am" is a classic Nas album.
Rockafella Skank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2004, 02:50 AM   #13 (permalink)
Yo Yo Ma
 
Dr. Luncheon Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Melburn
Posts: 61
Send a message via MSN to Dr. Luncheon Man
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ante_Up
I think that everyone can at least respect Nas. He is one of the greatest. I own all of his albums. This is how i rank his albums:
1. Illmatic- This album is unf*ckwitable
2. It Was Written
3. God's Son
4. Stillmatic
5. Lost Tapes
6. Nastradamous- this album gets very unfairly sh*t on
7. I Am

Very impressive list of albums there. Cant wait for lost tapes 2, and a new full album
That's exactly how i would have put it.

Has anyone heard "nastradamous" remixed by mf doom? Is it any good? I'm tempeted to get it.
Dr. Luncheon Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2004, 10:39 AM   #14 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
JackJeckel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 170
Default

Its decent, but not the best work Doom's put out
JackJeckel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2004, 05:27 PM   #15 (permalink)
Hip Hop Fiend
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 135
Default

post your list of nas albums from best to worst...I already posted mine, but if you didn't see it...
1. Illmatic
2. It Was Written
3. God's Son
4. Stillmatic
5. Lost Tapes
6. Nastradamous
7. I Am

Lets see you lists...
Ante_Up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2004, 11:09 PM   #16 (permalink)
Groupie
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 19
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ante_Up
post your list of nas albums from best to worst...I already posted mine, but if you didn't see it...
1. Illmatic
2. It Was Written
3. God's Son
4. Stillmatic
5. Lost Tapes
6. Nastradamous
7. I Am

Lets see you lists...
I am gonna do this in my personal favorite list.

1. It Was Written
2. Illmatic
3. Stillmatic
4. God's Son
5. Lost Tapes
6. I Am
7. Nastradamous

Thats just how I rank them in my mind and how I enjoy them.
Lopezand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2004, 08:08 PM   #17 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 50
Default

illmatic n nastradamus is da classics from nas damn all of ya'll ....... nas is crazii ........ he like da unforgettable 2pac ...... nas is like da 2nd greatest rappa eva ........ cant but like 2 artist even *** close 2 being able 2 speak they mind like nas .......
sheek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 03:53 PM   #18 (permalink)
Let it drip
 
Sneer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 5,421
Default

"I can" was a cool song. from what ive heard of him is definetly better than most.
Sneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 06:58 PM   #19 (permalink)
www.physicsforums.com
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 385
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LedZepStu
"I can" was a cool song. from what ive heard of him is definetly better than most.
"I can" is cool except the children get annoying over time IMO

Illmatic is simply one of the best albums of all time. Songs like N.Y. State of Mind, World Is Yours, Halftime, Memory Lane, Represent, It Ain't Hard to Tell. Man those of some of the best songs ever lyrically.
gregb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 08:47 PM   #20 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,753
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregb
"I can" is cool except the children get annoying over time IMO

Illmatic is simply one of the best albums of all time. Songs like N.Y. State of Mind, World Is Yours, Halftime, Memory Lane, Represent, It Ain't Hard to Tell. Man those of some of the best songs ever lyrically.
Illmatic= perfection. "One Love" is my personal fav. But I think I Am is up there with Illmatic.
__________________
hookers with machineguns is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



2003-2016 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.