Music Banter - View Single Post - 25 Random Facts About You
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2011, 08:16 AM   #826 (permalink)
s_k
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
Exactly, you and I view funerals the same way. One reason I hate funerals is because it's basically an impromptu family reunion and I really don't like some of my extended relatives.
I like most of my relatives. But I dislike the fact that there's people there who go there because they 'have to'. Please stay away.

Quote:
Two, funerals are a way for people to cope with the person they have lost. I rather do it on my own terms and in my own time. I don't need the support system of others.
**** yeah. You're the first one to understand exactly what I mean.
That's really the first time in my life that someone gets the point

Quote:
My stupid step sister got off contact with me after my dad passed because I didn't show up for his funeral. She didn't want to understand my point of view on funerals.
I'm afraid about this when it comes to funerals too... That's why I already told my grandparents years ago I won't be there. I'm just afraid they don't remember...

Quote:
Third reason I don't like funerals is because I have this weird defense mechanism that when too much sadness is around I tend to get happy and smile inappropriately. If i'm forced to attend a funeral it's very hard for me. One time, I busted out laughing during the Eulogy and was kicked out of a proceedings because of my mechanism.
That's just sad. It's not like you can help yourself.
I don't have that, but it's definitely a valid reason .