Music Banter - View Single Post - Changes In The NFL
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2011, 10:32 AM   #7 (permalink)
Bloozcrooz
Justifiable Idiocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
I know you are drunk at the moment but what's the deal with the managers or whatever and why is there going to be a lock out? I haven't been following the news of that too much.
No im sober right at the moment...man when they do touch on the subect its been brief. i think they were kind of waiting on the season to be completley done before real negotiations started. I havent heard anything positive from either side as far as reaching an agreement on anything. Pretty much the deal is neither side..(owners or players) want to lose money. In fact they both very much want to increase their pay and revenue. Problem is they have yet to compromise on either side of the ball on a variety of topics concerning the overall goal. Whether the season is going to consist of 18 games next year or if the players are going to have to take a 18% paycut or if the franchise tag situation should be allowed before any agreement is resolved. A multitude of things are standing in the way from what I can gather that seems to be slowing things to a stand still. I saw Ocho-Cinco ask Goodel at a press conference on behalf of the P.A. his honest thoughts as to what kind of timeline could be expected from the owners standpoint before any ground was gained towards reaching a happy medium. The question was pretty much skated around and answered in the classic "I dont have a clue but im hoping soon" kind of way. I really dont see anyone benifiting from a lockout personally I think both sides are acting in a greedy selfish manner. Its a lose lose situation. Both sides using the threat of no football this year as a means of leverage. When ultimatley everone is going to suffer if thats the case.
Bloozcrooz is offline   Reply With Quote