Music Banter - View Single Post - The Beginner's Guide to...
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2011, 05:17 PM   #954 (permalink)
bob.
Still sends his reguards.

Let's Go To Hell!!!
The Music Of God Bullies

Welcome Aboard Interworld Airlines Flight F.I.N.A.L. With Supersonic Non-Stop Service To The New Jerusalem

Hailing from the beautiful city of Kalamazoo, Michigan with a rather triumphant reign over noise rock that lasted from 1986-1995....God Bullies never shied away from the absolute beauty in our decaying society and loved to exploit the exploiters in a cynical, sarcastic, and very disturbed way.....with lyrics about drug addiction, religious hypocrisy, serial killing, sexual debauchery, corporate conspiracy, and the flaws in political systems

although they were on a few labels the bulk of their albums were all released on the immortal Amphetamine Reptile records...and in my opinion out of all the great bands on that label this is exactly what i would consider the pinnacle "AmRep sound"....

somehow this band seemed to miss out on any mainstream success and were often banned from venues due to their blasphemous on stage antics....what really sticks out is the surf rock fun which is somehow blended in with their dark and disturbing view towards the world...this is especially apparent in Cemetery where Mike Hard begs for you to "Rock n Roll and Worship Satan" and their quite good and fun cover of Hot Chocolate's 'You Sexy Thing'

so my introduction for your undeserving ears and souls...is in chronological order...starting with tracks from the 1989 debut lp "Mamma Womb Womb' and ending with their final outing...'Kill The King' released in 1994 on Alternative Tentacles......enjoy

Act Of Desire
Creepy People
Fear And Pain
O Shit
Red Blood
What Reason
Join Satan's Army
You Sexy Thing
Live Sex (mamma)
You Cry Now
Let's Go To Hell
Cemetery