Music Banter - View Single Post - Changes In The NFL
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2011, 09:22 AM   #9 (permalink)
Bloozcrooz
Justifiable Idiocracy

Ive read several different colums from several different creditable sources. One issue that keeps arising is the owners wanting the players to give back a billion dollars a year for the next 7 years. The P.A. are in return asking what financial information would you think is relevent? The overall revenue of the NFL is at an all time high. I just cant seem to register the fact that either side is hurting. Especially while the rest of America is in a recession. Their arguing over a multi-billion dollar a year negotioation. I just cant side with either one. I do hope that both can compromise on this subject, and continue the season as planned.
As for the helmet to helmet issue. Im in agreement with Dirty on this. Intentional head shots are pretty obvious, and can be easily monitered. Stop babying a sport of a violent nature. Especially making Harrison your poster boy and singling him out. Just because he openly refuses to accept your girlish style of playing the game. Along with most the league as well. A player thats deffensless as you call it is part of the element that critques the strategy of the game. A receiver left deffensless coming across the middle is a chance most arent willing to take. Which helped to the mystique of the physical unafraid types like the Micheal Irvins or T.O.'s of the modern era. If you open up the feeling of free roam without consequence then whats stopping every former track star turned wanna be receiver from making a living in the middle of the field? It takes away from the game, and robs the Heinz Ward type ball players of their blue collar type reputations in a sense. Because of their willingness to do what most will not.

As far as protecting the Quartback in general I can somewhat sympathize on their behalf. To an extent that is. Some of them take it a little far and barley get breathed on without a flag getting thrown. But in a quarterback driven league you cant have these guys getting inilated every down and Toni Romo'ed out of existance. I think the rules for them should be reevaluated and revised as well. Just dont have our linebackers or D.E.'s or whoever scared to do his job because of a few whiners or to finicky a rule installed, I think if reviewed enough and anaylized a reasonable set of rules can be set in place. Without changing the speed or nature of the games intent. As long as they are properly understood and enforced.

That being said the celebration rule has been on the decline for years. Almost has no existance except for the few who throw caution to the wind in terms of letting a fine deter them from their acts of vanity. I find them amusing most the time as long as its efforts have been suffiently warranted. I get tired of seeing them jump up and down after a 5 yard gain when their down 21 points. I mean have a little sense guys. Is it deserving of a flag though?? No!! I know their has to be some limitations but why not just make it a time line after an initial play or score? Like after a T.D. you have so many seconds or minutes for your celebration and after that its unsportsman like. I dont see the problem and find most celebrations extremley comical. If you cant take a little emotion maybe you should do some self evaluating. These guys work and train hard and deserve a little display of their passion when the oppurtunity presents itself from time to time.

Here are some of examples that still crack me up and get under the skin of those we love to ...annoy....
Bloozcrooz is offline   Reply With Quote