Music Banter - View Single Post - Got Feminism?
Thread: Got Feminism?
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2011, 12:01 AM   #116 (permalink)
Sansa Stark
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
I read this funny article and thought that I would share it.

The basic jist of it is that, there was a study done showing that women under 30 are losing their "lady" skills. Knowing how to cook, sew, bake, clean properly are all falling by the waste side. I don't really agree with that study but the cooking part made my laugh so loud because in my experience I have come across quite a few females that are horrible cooks and I just ask them to wash the dishes while I cook instead.

Oh Noes! Ladies Are Losing Their Lady-Skills Like Cooking And Cleaning! | The Frisky
....yeah ok great? What is the importance of this and what are you trying to convey? That list is disgusting. What are you trying to prove by demeaning a woman who can't cook? I would really like to know your reasoning behind this, Andrei. I can do all of those things on that list (except "I can give good you’re-being-an-idiot eyes", I'll just tell you you're an idiot). I don't feel this defines my "womanliness" as it is, but just typical of my personality and not the fact I have a vagina. I will also talk about taking a **** and not give a ****, because I'm still a woman, and I define that in myself. But what about the women who can't do any of those things? Why should that make them less of a woman?
Sansa Stark is offline   Reply With Quote