Music Banter - View Single Post - The Mars Volta
Thread: The Mars Volta
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2011, 11:49 AM   #684 (permalink)
Petula07
♫ Music 'n' Sun ♫

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewinder View Post
I saw them on the Frances the Mute tour. It was like I was transported back in time and got to see Led Zeppelin.
Hmmm... Good to know

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillysillymary View Post
I only barely started listening to them ,too, in the last year. I really liked a few songs and I can tell they have that music magic. But, I'm sort of getting turned away from them because its coming across to me as "angry" music (and I always judge music by the feeling. So, I'm not sure that I am going to pursue them anymore. They might just get a tip of the hat and walk on.
Well, during listening of their first album for the first time, I thougt I will have headache all the time from their music
For sure they aren't band for everyday listening. I mean, you just can't be in mood for them everytime, they are too unique for liking them every day.
I just started so I listen to them a lot now but... as time goes, of course I listen many many bands. But when some band is so good, I always come back to listen to them from time to time again and again. (This is for me for example Pink Floyd, The Beatles, R.E.M., The Doors and so on...) Slowly I have a feeling Mars Volta will be in this group of all-time favourite bands that I will enjoy from time to time but always.