Music Banter - View Single Post - What's the best music player?
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2011, 03:27 PM   #10 (permalink)
Zer0

foobar2000, end of discussion. I used WinAmp for a while and although it's a pretty good music player it does have some user interface features that bug me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tore View Post
Some other ones that I like are :
  • foo_discogs - Fetches album info from the discogs database (which I like)
  • foo_fileops - Let's you rename/move/copy files according to custom scripts. This is included in the installation, but you have to make sure you check it off in the installation options.
  • foo_audioscrobbler - Scrobbles plays to last.fm
  • foo_quicktag - Gives you a submenu when you right click where you can choose to add values to certain file tags, f.ex Album Type -> Studio Album, Studio EP, Best of Album, etc. You can define yourself what this menu should include and what tags they should write to.
  • foo_quicksearch - Gives a highly customizable searchbar which is my preferred way of finding my music
  • foo_uie_library_tree - Gives you a panel with a library tree which you can customize in various ways and also gives you autoplaylist support (f.ex a playlist which is always updated with all songs above a certain rating)
  • foo_uie_biography - Gives you a panel with artist biography from last.fm, but what I like the most is that it can fetch artist pictures and album art for you automatically (without prompts/dialogues) if those things are missing
Add Soft Playlists to that. It generates Last.fm related playlists and can even generate playlists of similar song based on a selected song like iTunes Genius.