Music Banter - View Single Post - Being a musician without record company?
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2011, 12:33 AM   #5 (permalink)
Ska Lagos Jew Sun Ra
\/ GOD

Kunaki + Open House

Go to as many open houses as you can, and write an album while you're doing it. When you're album is ready, cover your songs, and sell them alongside the open house performances. Use Kunaki for printing because it's cheap as ****, unrestrictive, and professional.

Don't bother with the Internet unless you have connections, and can get reviewed on major blogs. Even then, it's better just to build a small local following, and see if you can build from that.

This is speaking from someone who spent the 30 bucks to get an album setup with CD baby, and basically I'm sitting on it because I haven't a clue how to advertise it in a way that will convince people to want to fork over the money(...and I'm charging a meager $6.66)
Terence Hill, as recently confirmed during an interview to an Italian TV talk-show, was offered the role but rejected it because he considered it "too violent". Dustin Hoffman and John Travolta declined the role for the same reason. When Al Pacino was considered for the role of John Rambo, he turned it down when his request that Rambo be more of a madman was rejected.
Al Pacino = God
Ska Lagos Jew Sun Ra is offline   Reply With Quote