Music Banter - View Single Post - When Someone is Banned
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2011, 05:38 PM   #48 (permalink)
Dirty
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCunningStunt View Post
I say it'd get boring, but the reasons are probably quite irrelevant and uninteresting.

A lot of the new members either got banned for getting too mouthy or shamelessly self promoting.

Established members who get banned get a thread started about them, where people demand to know why and what happened.

So I think it's quite a pointless idea, but I'm really not bothered either way.
Well for people who sign up and spam there's not really anyone who cares about them. I was just bringing up the idea for established members. Even people with like 100 posts whos posts you've seen. Cause I might see someone banned who I've posted with in the forums and be like WTF did they do. And since their posts are deleted I'd have no idea. And then id feel like an ass making a thread and starting a whole thread about it. Plus I think it kinda holds mods accountable a little bit. Not that I think the modding is bad, but if someone is banned I feel like people should know for what reason. Banned members can't even view posts here and not everyone here exchanges AIMs or whatever so people are just left in the dark.

It's not like established members are banned often, but it happens from time to time.