Music Banter - View Single Post - Do you ever alter the track listing on albums you listen to?
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2011, 06:55 PM   #10 (permalink)
Palatable Vera
Quad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCunningStunt View Post
It doesn't make sense to me, if someone said "Do you like Sgt Peppers?" would I say "yeah, it's a masterpiece! But I have put A Day In The Life as track 2, Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds track 4..."?
I'm sure it wouldn't be valid in a critical/conversational standpoint. It just boosts personal enjoyment in those cases where you could switch the songs around and it sound better, really. Like I said, I haven't done it all that much, just on those albums that I have big arrangement gripes with.

Quote:
I kind of just take it as it is. I generally don't think I could make the album sound much better by rearranging it. Plus, if I can make it sound better by switching the order round then the producer of the record has failed.
Eh. Everyone screws up every now and then.

Quote:
Just for the record, Sgt Peppers sucks. I dunno why I used that as an example.
I always thought it was funny how it's so critically acclaimed and yet everyone I know really hates it. I don't like it either even though I have one or two plays for it on my last.fm. I'm really feeling some irony here. >.>
Palatable Vera is offline   Reply With Quote