Music Banter - View Single Post - Help with Audacity - buzzing.
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2011, 08:03 AM   #2 (permalink)
Freebase Dali
Partying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhanastasio View Post
I'm recording an EP length bit of material right now, and I've got three tracks completely recorded. I can't, however, get this stupid buzzing out of the mix. I tried "noise removal", highlighting the static with no music, and that helped a tiny bit - but when I tried to remove the noise completely, it also made my vocals sound all distorted and weird.

Is there any way to fix this? Anyone who uses Audacity know? I usually have my friend master my stuff for me, but he's out of town.
As smart-assed as this is going to sound, your best bet is to record without the buzz.
Depending on what frequencies the noise occupies, you may or may not have any luck trying to remove it without removing needed frequencies of other elements, as it appears has happened in your case. A clean recording is the way to go, but if it's not an option then your results may be limited, depending.

If you want, I can take a look at the vocal track and see what I can do. If the buzzing is only operating in a limited range of frequencies, it shouldn't be hard to reduce the decibel level of those frequencies without affecting the fundamental frequencies of the vocals much.
If all else fails, I have some pretty great plugins that are specific to this kind of thing anyway.
Freebase Dali is offline   Reply With Quote