Music Banter - View Single Post - Taylor Swift
Thread: Taylor Swift
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2011, 09:50 AM   #62 (permalink)
Hank The Drifter
Take it easy, but take it

^Yeah, I worded my post kinda poorly. I know for a lot of people country isn't the easiest of music to get into. Truthfully, I think its got a lot to do with where you grew up or what you grew up listening to. I grew up listening to tons of older country with my mom so I have always been kinda been in touch with that type stuff. That's not to say I haven't listened to my fair share of the new stuff too. I absolutely agree that the new stuff is a great stepping stone for someone to get into the classics, and that's fine by me. I think that Lady A, which is from my hometown, has produced some of the better pop-country tunes as of late. I think bands like Lady A, Zac Brown Band, and Jamey Johnson have taken a more traditional influence than a lot of new country. Its mostly that I hate that country has strayed so far from its origins. I know that's common throughout music and that's really a poor reason to say I hate it, but yeah, its just that. lol.