Music Banter - View Single Post - What's the best music player?
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2011, 12:07 PM   #39 (permalink)
RVCA
( ̄ー ̄)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
What is it that you dislike about iTunes specifically? I just ask because I hear a lot of people say how much they hate it but I've never had any problems with it. I've never really tried a different play though so I'm curious if there's something I'm missing here.
First and foremost, it has problems syncing my IPOD of all things. I bought a new 160gb classic so that I could put my entire library on it. But about half the times I'd try to connect and update the stupid thing, iTunes would freeze up for a good 10 minutes before starting to update. That, or it flat out wouldn't recognize my iPod. And I had this problem with an earlier iPod, so unless Apple is releases mass amounts of defective iPods, iTunes is just a POS when it comes to operating with the hardware it's designed for.

Next, it lacks a lot of basic features that other music players have these days. Two important ones are file formatting and auto tagging. iTunes doesn't even recognize FLAC for chrissakes. MusicBee not only recognizes it, but it can convert almost every major music file type into almost every other major music file type. And auto tagging is a feature that would have saved me hours and hours if iTunes had it. You select an album or song and click "auto tag" which searches a database on the internet and automatically fixes all the tags for an album.

Lastly, iTunes is really restrictive. You're given minimal options to customize your experience. All the other music players I tried have WAY more features to tinker with and fine-tune the experience to exactly how you want it.
RVCA is offline   Reply With Quote