Music Banter - View Single Post - Favorite Steely Dan?
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2011, 08:37 PM   #37 (permalink)
Necromancer
Divination

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dotoar View Post
Velvet Underground threatened to kill this thread but it's not yet beyond repair.
Velvet Underground was beyond repair the minute they signed with Andy Warhol . Some people say that Warhol helped destroy values of society. "Art, Film Director, Designer, Producer, etc". What do I say? Its a long story, and each individual has to express their own separate, and different opinion concerning the life of (Warhol). I do know, that Warhol and the Underground were one of the first bands to pioneer multimedia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJMcDonnell View Post
A few years ago a friend and I moved my sister to a New Jersey town, then decided to check out the nearest Jersey shore city. Our map led us to Point Pleasant. Since it was 2 PM on a bright sunny July afternoon we were expecting the beach to be packed. Instead, we entered the boardwalk about 500 yards from the point and saw absolutely no one. No one on the boardwalk, the beach, in the water, or on the street that paralleled the boardwalk. It felt like a scene from a sci-fi movie. We decided all of the action must be north of the point. But that turned out to be as desolate as the south end.
Totally perplexed, we wandered into a bar called The Red Lion, and the entire town was in there. A band was set up behind the bar playing Steely Dan's "Reelin' in the Years." Since then, every time I hear that song I picture myself walking through the door to that bar.
That would be awesome catching Reelin' In The Years being covered by a Local Circuit Band.

Last edited by Necromancer; 05-12-2011 at 10:08 PM.
Necromancer is offline   Reply With Quote