Music Banter - View Single Post - Born in the wrong generation
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2011, 11:33 AM   #202 (permalink)
djchameleon
A.B.N.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boozinbloozin View Post
Appreciate the clarifacation Janz...dont always agree on other topics but your posts are always well worded and sound. I just didnt know if the mainstream hate somehow stemmed from the assumption of the artists being sell outs and playing for the dollar. As opposed to playing for the love of music so to speak. Which I know does happen but doesnt necessarily mean that they all are. Personaly I dont favor one over the other but thats just me. Anyways you answered my question thanks.
oh I'm pretty sure some people hate the mainstream for being sellouts and playing for the dollar as well. I agree with you about not favor one over the other. I'm heavily into listening to so much music that sometimes yes I will listen to crappy/bad music that just in turn happens to be mainstream as well. I just really hate how people go from "oh it's mainstream." to meaning that "well if it's popular and mainstream that automatically means that it is terribad". That type of elitism that I find here on the forums is just straight up stupid imo. You claim to be open minded to music but then you turn around and shut out all artists that are mainstream.
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote