Music Banter - View Single Post - Born in the wrong generation
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2011, 01:16 PM   #204 (permalink)
djchameleon
A.B.N.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Pat View Post
Most people don't like mainstream because it's played a lot on the radio. When certain music receives as much air time as mainstream artists do, then it gets boring after a while. So, people dive deeper down into music to find musicians who aren't quite as recognized as mainstream ones are. Is mainstream bad? No, that's just idiotic and nonsensical to to label a vast set of music as horrible (or "terribad" in your case - great word). Do I like it? Not really. I like old mainstream stuff, but very little new. I remember finding "Viva la Vida" to be a good song and then the radio play it over and over again to the point where I now hate it.
yeah that's understandable. The easiest solution for that though is to not listen to the radio. I know that's not possible for some people because their jobs like to have the radio tuned into top 40 stations but if you can avoid listening to the radio like it's the plague. That's the way I do it and i'm fine listening to mainstream artists because of that. A majority of the time anyways, they never take the good songs from the album of mainstream artists to make as a single to play on the radio.
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote