Music Banter - View Single Post - Flux Information Sciences - Private/Public (2001) [SAA Album Club discussion thread]
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2011, 04:56 PM   #10 (permalink)
TockTockTock
They/Them

I think it was my high expectations that I had for this album that ruined it. I saw a few reviews for it and saw that it got relatively positive comments. I listened to maybe a song or two before voting and thought they were decent. Unfortunately, when I listened to the entire album I was disappointed. I gave it a second spin to see if anything changed but nothing did. It's a bit like what OccultHawk was saying, except I can't pinpoint the exact artist. It just sounds like it was done before. I thought the track "Liposuction" was hilarious because it used a beat that came from one of my keyboards as a child, though. I knew Janzsoon would like this album because he's into loud kind of music (he's apparently on some "spastic and loud" musical tangent according to him). I tend to have a bias against loud and insane sounding music though, so you guys can discredit my opinion if you want.

By the way, Bob this is in no way an insult to your musical taste. You normally have really interesting suggestions, but this was just a disappointment. I have to say that I wanted to like this album, but it just can't happen.
TockTockTock is offline   Reply With Quote